DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Loud T2

Dear All,
I just bought a used T2 (190$), but it seems to me that it is quite noisy when I turn it on.
Can someone please let me know if it's always a little noisy or if mine has gotten a problem,
Thank You so Much

The thing is that noise can be subjective and without hearing your T2 it is not possible to compare it with say my T2. I do not however find my T2 to be very noisy at all.
I know that when I thought my G2 was objectionally noisy, I took it in to a dealer and compared it with a new one which I found sounded just the same as my fairly elderly one.
I don't think that your T2 should be especially noisy but I suggest that you try to compare it with another one.
If you bought it from a dealer you could always ask him/her what (s)he thinks.
Cheers,
John

Hi Bertil!
I use T2 since 11 years and I love it; but there are some disadvantages, one of it is its noisy lens motor. When puling out the lens there is a special noise which depends on the sealing inside. If it is too smooth (as it was at mine) the sealing is not ok and there will be a sigificant light fall in (looks like a part of a circle). So don´t worry about it, I got used to this noise over the years. The other problem I discovered last weekend (see other topic).

Regards
Wolfgang

Back