DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Any word on a replacement for the NX

T

twinbrook46636

Any word on a replacement for the NX? Are there any rumors about a replacement or would the N1 get replaced first? I am thinking of getting one but have heard a lot of negative things here about focusing problems and battery consumption.

Yes Phil, the battery consumption is quite critical, maybe due the incorporated pup-up flash. And the battery are expensive (8,80 € pair). But I've never had problems with the NX autofucus, it's very accurate (but a bit slow). Personally, I'm very glad with the camera.

You can see this link for more information about the NX and the N1:

NX: http://www.popphoto.com/article.asp?print_page=y&section_id=2&article_id=353&page_number=1&preview=

N1: http://www.popphoto.com/article.asp?print_page=y&section_id=2&article_id=264&page_number=1&preview=

Alexis (SpainContax)

Batteries: very inexpensive on eBay. Wihout flash I get about 8-10 rolls of 36 exposures on one set. I have used the NX for two years with no focus problems.

My NX has failed. No spares. The film wind mechanism wore out. I only shot mabbe30 rolls. Will get an N1 for the zeiss glass. Wont risk another NX.!!

Hi Thomas. That is very bad luck! Was the camera already used?

I bought mine new when it was first introduced and have had no problems with it (touch wood!)

I like it a lot, have the 24-85, 50 1.4 and 80-200 and am very happy with the setup.

The N1s are going for reasonable money now, but I have never held one - reviews are very positive though.

The NX is so cheap to replace it may well be worth risking it.

Good luck,

Mike

Back