DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Which is the best film for contax g

G

that you like film but for the objective g of contax? which use? and because.
greetings

pardon for my English is a translator

que pelicula os gusta mas para los objetivos g de contax?, cual utilizais? y porque
saludos

perdon por mi ingles es un traductor

David,
I have tried various film brands and speeds in my G2, and the Kodak Supra 400 seems to work the best w/the 35-70 zoom lens. I now have a 45mm lens and will try Kodak Supra 100.
Thank you,
Geo

I simply do not understand the point of such a question. Other than having an appropriate film speed for a given lens, why would you expect certain films to be more suitable for one camera system than another? The camera is merely a tool for getting images onto film (or a digital sensor.) The choice of film should be based on one's photographic objective, not the camera.

>The question about film choice may have come from one who's purchased a G camera without prior knowledge of photography, and thus it should be admissable in this forum by reason of the fact that these cameras function as high-quality point-and-shoots, and if one can afford a G as such, one's justified in posing the question to those who'd care to help him or her. Simple non-response would be sufficient to discourage questions of this nature if it turns out that folks don't want to be bothered with beginner questions. Moreover, there are possible helpful answers to the question: some may feel that a higher-speed film is better to compensate for possible G auto-focus error (high-speed film allowing smaller apertures), while others may feel that the premium CZ lens quality and low camera vibration indicates slow, fine grain film, to take advantage of the high image quality facilitated by these factors. Different lens coatings can affect color balance and some color emulsions may seem a better match for particular systems under given lighting conditions. Basically, all I'm proposing (admitting I'm not the moderator of this forum) is that rather than pooh-pooh the question, the participants (a) ignore questions they consider unworthy, (b) offer a helpful answer or (c) refer the questioner to a book or web page on beginning photography. Perhaps the creator of the forum could have a link list for sources of such basic information (There might be one already; I'm not always that observant.) No point in discouraging people who are trying to get started.

From where I come from, the only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

I was always under the impression that the glass played a part in the film selection. The CZ glass on the G lenses appears to have a warm coating. Therefore, I would be aware if I'm using warm films in order to achieve the look I want.

hello: I sit down that you have not understood each other, I referred to the following thing:

THE CONTRAST OF THE LENSES CARL ZEISS IS TOWERING, I REFERRED IF THERE IS A FILM THAT REDUCES THAT HIGH CONTRAST SMOOTHLY AND THAT HE/SHE GOES BETTER FOR THIS TYPE OF EYEGLASSES, SINGLE ERA THIS THE QUESTION.

it is not the same thing the contrast with a fuji 160 nps that with a fuji reala

pardon for my English but it is translating and thank you for the answers although they have not been worth me for anything.

greetings

hola: siento que no me hayais entendido ,yo me referia a lo siguiente:

EL CONTRASTE DE LAS LENTES CARL ZEISS ES ALTISIMO , YO ME REFERIA SI HAY UN FILM QUE REDUZCA SUAVEMENTE ESE ALTO CONTRASTE Y QUE VAYA MEJOR PARA ESTE TIPO DE LENTES, SOLO ERA ESTA LA PREGUNTA.

no es lo mismo el contraste con una fuji 160 nps que con una fuji reala

perdon por mi ingles pero es traductor y muchas gracias por las respuestas aunque no me hayan valido para nada.

saludos

Hola David,

Soy Ingl=E9s, viviendo en Espa=F1a. Disculpe me mi Castillano, pero=20= al=20 menos no es como su traductor, lo que es una estafa ! No es de extra=F1ar q= ue=20 no recibes respuestas l=F3gicales para ayudarte.

Para reducir contraste, no uses peliculas con mucho contraste, por=20 ejemplo Velvia. Las pel=EDculas mas rapido por ISO tienen menos contraste,=20 pues ser=EDa mejor a usar ISO 400 c=F3mo normal. Por otr=E1 parte, con luz=20 apagado, Velvia combinado con los objet=EDvos Carl Zeiss puede levantar los=20 niveles de la luz hasta parecen un poco mas que normal. =20

Al menos, este es un punto de partida.

Le saluda,

Robin

> In my experience, the combination of CZ lenses and Fuji film gives results which are perhaps "too" spectacular - certainly very sharp with jewel like colour and very high contrast but a little "larger than life". The use of AGFA film on the other hand offers results which on first > glance are less impressive but objectively are probably more natural. I sense that the Zeiss lenses are likely designed for use with European film rather than Japanese chemistry. I cannot comment on Kodak emulsions since I have yet to use them.

I will try sending this again without the accents, which the server does not seem to like !

Hola David,

Soy Ingles, viviendo en Espana. Disculpe me mi Castillano, pero al menos no es como su traductor, lo que es una estafa ! No es de extranar que no recibes respuestas logicales para ayudarte.

Para reducir contraste, no uses peliculas con mucho contraste, por ejemplo Velvia. Las películas mas rapido por ISO tienen menos contraste, pues sería mejor a usar ISO 400 como normal. Por otra parte, con luz apagado, Velvia combinado con los objetívos Carl Zeiss puede levantar los niveles de la luz hasta parecen un poco mas que normal.

Al menos, este es un punto de partida.

Le saluda,

Robin

I get the consistently best results with Kodachrome. It seems to render difficult colors more accurately, and resists the effects of high altitude photography better than E-6 films.

I mostly shoot chromes, and have never shot B&W with my G.

Regards,

--Rick

Back