DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

CONTAX to CANON eos adapter ring

You can of course also get a adaptor from Bob Shell for mounting lenses on EOS bodies......

Steve

Steve,

Bob Shell is currently the subject of criminal prosecution. He's been selling all his photo gear (including Contax C/Y) on Ebay. All-around tragic.

> Bob Shell is currently the subject of criminal prosecution. He's been> selling all his photo gear (including Contax C/Y) on Ebay. All-around> tragic.

Yes , I know . One of the two lots of charges have already been dropped and he's hoping the other will go the same way - he's been forced to sell his personal stuff to raise funds for lawyers etc etc . However , he is out on bail and would appreciate the business , especially at this time . Steve

Leon, what is the price of the Zoerkendoerfer EOS converter? I also have an EOS A2. Thanks, -Lynn

I was aware, having read posts in this forum, that Bob Shell sold an EOS/Contax adapter. However, using the links provided here led to pages no longer available. I want to know whether Bob markets the Zoerkendoerfer or an adapter of some other manufacturer as I search for best quality and function for the money.

The last time I visited Bob's website in search of his adapter, I was at my home PC using a modem connection and was in a hurry. I will try again.

The price of the "Zoerk" is $195 US, as given in the PDF brochure excerpt, above.

For further consideration and for the industrious and budget-minded among us, I refer you to SRB, in the United Kingdom, which makes all kinds of adapters and welcomes custom work: http://www.srbfilm.co.uk/index1.html

Best wishes,
Leon

Bob Shells adaptor is of his own make , not a Zoerk - not sure what he ncharges though . Others have commented that it works very well , but I cant speak from expereince. Steve

Has anyone bought the Zoerk adapter and used it on the canon body?
i am sure everyone is interested to have real life feedback.

For economic reasons, I have been downsizing yet trying to upgrade. Thus, I have traded-in some of my Canon EOS-series gear for an Aria and Zeiss lenses. But I am intending to soon acquire a Zoerkendoerfer adapter to fit my Zeiss lenses onto my EOS-3 camera body. I would even like to use the Canon 550EX flash with that combination. This week the following complication came to my attention. If you have also contemplated adapting a Zeiss lens to an EOS body, please refer to this web posting from Julian Loke in regards to the Elan 7 body: http://eosdoc.com/manuals.asp?q=E7EMFlens

Hi Leon,

they say that it's only with the Elan7 (the former EOS-models are different : There it works!).

I have been using some M42-lenses (Flektogon 2.8/20, 2.4/35, 2.8/135, 1.8/135, mirror 8/500) with my EOS600 and EOS10 (film slr) with no problems at all !

Best wishes !

Paul

Back