DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Digilux 2

> [Hello Bill,I believe we've e-'d before as I re-call you telling me you were in Baghdad. And once again you have my best wishes for a safe duty time there and trip home. It seems it's just getting worse as the days go by. Particularly with the suicide bombers and car laden bombs.

>>I generally use the D2 on Aperture Priority. I've tried manual on > it but it didn't feel comfortable, so back to AP-mode I went. > I've looked through the manual for focus confirmation in manual > focusing; its not there.>> Ted, > So where are you based now and where have you worked? I'm in Baghdad > with the Army now and will be working in San Diego next year.<<

Now a hitch in SD sounds like a much better posting than the middle east to say the least. :)

I'm in Victoria BC Canada off the west coast from Vancouver and "work out of here." :) To give you a list of the locations around the world where I've shot assignments during the past 50+ years would use a dozen pages. However, I have shot for Canadian Press, Reuters, AP, a few assignments for AFP plus many newspapers & magazines. Not to forget producing a half dozen books. The most recent just released "Women in Medicine. A Celebration of their Work." Which has been receiving rave reviews from photographers and book reviewers in the USA & Canada.

So take care and complete this tour of duty safely. ted Grant]

Hey Ted, I think we've talked before. Its funny how close we used to be geographically speaking as I lived in Seattle until April 2003.
I'll be freelancing for the AP and other publications in SD. Yes, I really can't wait to leave here and start my civilian journalism career. The latest book sounds great and I'll scope it out when given the chance. Take care.

I've posted some of my D2 shots in the gallery. Feel free to post whatever comments you have on my work.

Bill.

Sorry about that, everybody. It's in the Leica forum gallery under 'putnasaur.' Some of the images are pretty disturbing though, I just want to warn you.

Bill.

I have just bought a Digilux 2, something I swore I would never do after my extreme disappointment with an early Digilux 1. I get sent as a bonus an SF 24-D flash. I have a bag full of Metz gear of varying sizes/powers and I really don't need yet another flash. I am thinking of selling the new SF 24-D and just buying an SCA 3502 M4 module to use the Metz's. Would anyone be interested in a new and unopened SF 24-D. They couple to all other Leica's with TTL. They retail for GBP189 in the UK. I was thinking about GBP130ish. Please contact me off forum if interested.
Wilson

Has any any experience with a waist pouch (called a Fanny pack, I believe in the US) to take a Digilux 2 with hood attached. My main camera bag is quite a bit too large (it takes my D2, G2 and four extra lenses) and with a very prominent Contax logo/made of obviously expensive leather, in the area of Africa I am going to, it shouts "Mug me". All the ones I have looked at are either too small or much too big.
Wilson

Laurent,

I have just done that and found a Lowepro Orion Mini at my local camera shop. Unlike so many of the others I looked at, it has a wide comfortable strap with mesh covered padding over the camera pouch. It will therefore be both comfortable and cool in the Karoo desert.

Thanks for the tip.

Wilson

Back