DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax 167MT Ever Ready Case Will it fit an RX

G

I read in my RX's manual that the new C-4 ever ready case has "some room at its upper part; therefore, it can also hold the Contax ST or 167MT.

Does this also work in reverse? If I found an old second hand ever ready case for a 167MT, is it likely that my RX would fit in it?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Chris,

>If I found an old second hand ever ready case for a 167MT, is it likely that my RX would fit in it?<

I have an RX without a case, and a 167MT case without a 167MT (it's a long story). I can tell you that the RX won't fit it, even with a hefty push. The RX is a mite too wide, and the extra thickness of the grip on the right hand side also stops the RX sliding in more than about a centimetre and a half into the case.

The case I have has 'Kyocera C310' embossed on the bottom, and 'C311' embossed on the front cover.

Alex

Back