DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

SD14 - Can't find spare parts

Bustoner

Hi all,
I've from my friend a Sigma SD14 with a problem to the Display (cracked), I like to ask if somebody that already open it up, if it knows the brand of the display (like most common Casio, Sony... etc) ....before I will need to open it up my self..... :)
A photo of it will be a dream, can't find info about in internet.
I remember TC95 open it up, please let me know if you have info about ;) (or if you have the monitor of the one you open...)

Thanks

Bustoner...I think it was a Casio...screen...that is the first name that comes to mind...the camera is really easy to get into however the screen is soldered onto a circuit board...and that board has a metal plate soldered to it...(or at least in the three I opened-up...) I would get in-touch with your local Sigma repair center...they should be able to get that part for you...the whole thing...if not...I don't mind trying to get it here...and mailing it to you...let me know...you just pay actual cost + shipping...i'll send you the receipt...but I would think that it might be more expensive to do that...but worth a shot...also might want to look for a dead camera...that you can steal one from...

View attachment 2172

This is the picture I have online...My Flicker Account...

Let me know... Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Attachments

• 3527200000_bdf5fcbfd2_z.jpg
    EXIF
    3527200000_bdf5fcbfd2_z.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 12
Thank a lot Tony,
Today I'll call Sigma Italy, if they can't help or send me the spare part, I will first open up the camera, and check if the display model if it's tha same used in other common cameras Brand....
Last chance I'll contact you :)

Bustoner...NP...I would not think Sigma would do anything too off the wall...or there camera prices would be too much...

Good Luck...and let us know...

Tony C.

Sigma Italy, they want the camera ....I'm waiting a 2nd reply from them, nothing yet, I wish.....
Tony please, can you ask how much the display will cost? (without sending the camera to them).

:)

Bustoner,

I will email my sigma repair contact...and let you know...As-Soon-As they get back to me...

Tony C.

Heard back from Kathy...

The part #EAU873A LCD Unit is $204.00 and that includes shipping and handling.

That is USD and that would be shipped to me...then shipping to you...What I suggest...is that I give you her contact information so you purchase and ship, the LCD directly to you...shipping will probably be a little more...but I don't think too much...

Let me know...also need your direct email addres...

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Wow Tony,
Thank you very much,
Meanwhile I already contact many Sigma Shops in EU, and nobody wants to send the spare part, they want the camera.... I'm really surprise of the price, is incredibly too High for my opinion-
I make some research about the screen, it's a Casio 2097-2
It's the same used on other brands, like: Casio EX-Z750, Casio EX-Z850, Fuji f10, Ricoh r4........

The same, but they have a difference, the flat cables (different angles, lenght etc....)
The bad difference, it's the price, about 200$ for Sigma (now I have only your price), and for the other Brands are just about 20$. :( :( :(
Link of the screen:
http://i.imgur.com/OLxA5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PKM2t.jpg

Wish somebody in EU reply to me with a better price.
Thanks again Tony

Bustoner...what I would do is post to see if anyone has a camera which took a drink...pick-it-up for about $100 to $150 USD and then scavenge parts...the LCD is a sealed unit and should not be affected by fresh water....(just my guess....) salt water stay away...

Good Luck...

Ok, after many insist to Sigma, they gave me a price, 190€ ....just absurd price.
I'm still seraching for a camera for spares....
and making research of Casio displays compatible layouts etc.....

Update next...

Back