CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Epson Scan, V700 problems

macmx

I am using Epson Scan on my V700 and I am encountering a problem. The scanner does not sound properly, when trying to do a preview scan, and searches for the document for a long time while giving a monotonous sound. It scans part of the image but it is magenta and streaked. It tries to scan for quite a few minutes, then states that the document cannot be found. I have tried relaunching Epson Scan, restarting the computer, unplugging the scanner and nothing has worked so far.

When it is done, it just says "Cannot find a document".

Has anyone had a similar problem? How can it be fixed? ANy help is much appreciated. Thanks.

View attachment 2252
View attachment 2253

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-01-07 at 6.58.03 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-01-07 at 6.58.03 PM.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen shot 2010-01-07 at 6.58.03 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-01-07 at 6.58.03 PM.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 6

macmx

My third party film holder was turned the wrong way. Apparently, this messes things up significantly.

macmx

The corner of the film holder which should have been in the top right corner of the scanner was in the bottom left corner.