DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

My photographs with the D200 are slightly blue

dboras

Hello I am new to the forum, always have shot minolta just recently bought a D200 and find tht my photographs look blue can anyone tell me what the K number should be to correct this
thanks
dboras

> Hello Debra, K5300 will give constant color temperature defined as the > daylight in a sunny day outdoor. It could be good in most conditions, > but take care with it in incadescent or fluorescent lightning > especially combined with flash. My advice is testing and testing and > compare results on Your computer's display and prints. Goodluck
happy.gif

thank you karol can you tell me after I take a picture at the bottom RGB is blinking in yellow and R G B is in white is that correct to be on the bottom of the screen do you know?

> It really depends on the lighting conditions you are shooting under. I > would first try the Auto White Balance and see what that gives you under > several types of lighting conditions. IE: Indoors, Outside Sunny, Cloudy, > etc.

If the colors are incorrect under those conditions you need to try the manual settings for Tungston (indoors), Cloudy, etc. and see if those give the correct result.

If not then you need to try the custom white balance and set it yourself. It's not has hard as it might sound. I don't know your camera but it should be in the menu somewhere.

I don't remember for sure but I think the common settings for Inside WB would be around 3,200K (Kelvin number)

Sunny Day is around 5000K

Blue Sky is higher at something like 6500K

I'm at work so I don't have a book with the right numbers here. I think they refer to them in your manual.

WJS/wi/usa

> Hello again
happy.gif
, this is one of the option of displaying histogram info > about current picture, You can change available options pressing > selection dial left/right. Blinking in white some parts of the picture > is indication of overexposure. bye. k

RAW has no inherent colour balance, except for the preview. If you have Photoshop or Elements, shoot on auto white balance, and do the fine tuning in Adobe Camera RAW. Far more precise than trying to balance JPEGs in the camera.

Just set the camera to jpeg plus raw and adjust the colour temperture
in the raw converture as otherwise without a colour meter one is only
making a good guess at the camera setting
RM

Back