DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax ND

Hey Gang,

just got back from Photoshop World in LA and got to see Adobe's new Camera Raw plug-in for Photoshop 7, very fast with lots of control but N1D not supported. After talking to the Adobe staff there about this "oversight" they suggested we e-mail tech support at Adobe and let them know there is interest in this camera for this plug-in. Lets give it to 'em. Sending PDF on Camera Raw for your info.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_pdf.gif
PDF for Adobe's Camera Raw Plugin
CameraRawQ&A_final.pdf (85.3 k)</td></tr></table></center>

I have left a message on the link provided.

Hope they do it.

I have purchased it on line for my D1-X and Canon G3. Being able to open RAW files in the PS7 Browser will be worth the purchase price alone.

Thanks all.

OH MY GOD !

I loaded the new Adobe RAW processor, shot
a few quick snaps with my Canon G3, loaded the card into a reader, clicked on the file in PS7 Browser and an increadible processing widow opened. Everything you could imagine or hope for in a RAW processor. Total control.

WE HAVE TO GET THIS FOR THE ND! WE JUST HAVE TO! It will solve every RAW problem that I can think of right now.

Can't wait to try it with the D1-X, which also has a crappy RAW processor, (at least how it works on a Mac).

Hi Marc,

this sounds very good! So it seems the ND can get better and better....

I have a question regarding dust on the ND-chip - has anybody experienced problems with it? Some Canon 1Ds users are complaining about on the net. I researched the web for it and it seems qite common. I posted this question also on our sister site (www.canoninfo.com) to get more information on that.

Also bad image quality in the corners is apparantly a problem with the 1Ds, because of the fullsize chip.

Now the obvious question is, whether anybody experienced similar problems with the Contax ND?

Dirk

Dirk, it can get better IF we can get the Adobe RAW processor for the ND.

I haven't noticed a problem with edge or corner sharpness yet. I'll bet that is why there
is a delay in launching the Kodak 14N.

All digital SLRs have the dust problem. I've cleaned my D1-X sensor a couple of times already.

Marc, have you tried to run a raw ND file through the plugin just to see if it works?

Roger, it is not going to work because every Contax N Digital camera comes with a CD that has data to calibrate RAW developer.

> Dirk,

I had my first run in with a nasty piece of lint on my CD sensor on my ND which showed up on every image I took on a particular day. Disappointing, because you think of digital as eliminating the dust and scratch problem! It did come off easily, but you could not see it in the viewfinder.

michael

> Dirk, I have no problem with this chip, it was well proven in 120 > digital backs before Contax used it in the N1D. I just wish they would > of thought about the power supply and software a little more. Bert

Back