DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contaxinfo was hacked over weekend sometime Sunday Feb 27 2005

mohican

Hey!

I don't know how many of you noticed that Contaxinfo website was hacked into over weekend (sometime Sunday Feb 27 2005. I noticed it around midnight). But I'm obviously wondering what happened and whether any private information (e.g. full names, addresses, etc) was compromised. I also hope that authorities were notified and provided all the necessary information.

Dirk, it would be nice if we see some announcement about what happened. There may be people on the forum that can help with certain things (I know that you guys run Apache on Linux, if that's a dedicated server - many things can be done to better protect it). Thank you.

Hi Mike,

our server was hacked yesterday at midnight German time. We fixed this already and make sure over the next days that this can not happen again.

There is nothing to worry about it, it is not affecting the users or any data of the users. We will have some fixes over the next days on different sites, so some parts of the site will be offline for an hour or so.

Due to this our internal deadline for the rollout of our new layout is unfortunately postboned significantly. But we keep you updated.

If theer are users, who are very familiar with Photoshop CS, this could help. We are working on a new logo for Contaxinfo and our other sites. We have already some good ideas, but less know-how how to make it in Photoshop.

So if someone would be interested to help to make our header more beautiful, feel free to contact the webmaster or write here...

Back