CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Fall in Diamond Fork Canyon

toisondor

The weather and the colors have been just perfect for some lovely trips into the mountains of Utah. Here are a few shots I recently took.

SD14 with 18-50 EX macro (at 18):
DF-1.jpg

I usually shoot in aperture mode and let the meter do a lot of the work for me. These were all set for -.7ev or less. There is so much reflective light off of the leaves, I find I need to underexpose, or else too much of the color gets blown out:
DF-2.jpg

Even at -.7ev, much of the color was washed out. This shot is -1.3ev. It's basically the same as shooting stained glass in a dark church:
DF-3.jpg

Standing there, bathed in multiple shades and hues of light, it's hard to imagine that you can really capture a piece of it to take home:
DF-4.jpg

Hope you're all enjoying this fall,

Jesse

tc95

Great shots....I really love the first one...hope you don't mind I tried it as a B&W image...with a twist...

DF-1.jpg

Great shots...!!!

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

dirk

CI-Founder
the b&w conversion is an good idea. It is funny, ho the sme picture can have so many different expressions, just if you switch this. I should try this with my own pictures more often...

toisondor

That's pretty fun, Tony. I like the twist.
I'm glad you like that shot. I was standing on a bridge over the water and took my time to carefully compose and shoot looking down stream. Then, just as I was about to move on, I took a quick snap looking up stream, almost as an afterthought. Of course, it's the quick shot that came out the better of the two.

Jesse