DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Order List Leica M8

Hi Dirk,

Please keep us informed if any progress or contact has been made, or if the list is waiting for some more sign-ups.

Hi again Dirk,

Since I'm in line for a M8 from a local distributor as well, I need to know if this pre-order is coming through as planned so I can cancel this local order.

Please inform me of any progress. There is also the issue of the 2 filters free-of-charge promised by Leica only for orders placed this year.

Certainly, it's a good idea to place the order in 2006, so we need to act and establish contact during next week. I hope you can assist in this.

Hello,

I have waited since the 19th for some kind of reply. For this reason, I am a bit disappointed since I was hoping this deal (at least the pre-order) was possible before the end of 2006.

Now, being the last business day of the year, this is of course impossible since no contact has been made with your dealer. In the process, Leica's "filters-for-free" offer is no longer valid.

I would appreciate some kind of info on what is going on.

Richard

We have passed the window for getting Leica's offer. I asked Dirk for a refund of my forum membership (Joined Dec. 2 to get this offer) and he refuses to do so.

If he is truly dishonorable, he will probably delete this posting too.

Dirk, do the right thing. Your reputation spreads like wildfire on the Internet.

Hi Richard,

I am sorry, but I am in vacation and do not have internet access often. We all have to deal with status quo as of now. The Leica M8 has not arrived yet and therefore it make no sense to send you any account details immediately.

In case the dealer is not getting them until end of January, all money has to go back to you and this would only add money transfer costs for everybody, which we do want to avoid obviously.

I can not promise anthing as clearly stated eralier. My dealer said they will come in time, but we know this for sure only if they are really "on the table".

The special bonus with free filters is different from one country to the other as far as I know. It need the FULL paymnet of teh camera and AFAIK also the serial number of teh Leica M8, which is obviously impossible to give as long as the dealer is not having them in house.

So please be patient and wait. Of course if you have a dealer now, who can deliver today, you are free to picjk it up there. As long as teher is no pre-payment made from you, theer is no obligation for you anyway.

So you have the best position. Either you will get one from Germany or (if your dealer is able to deliver faster and you did not payed the "security payment of 1000.- Euro yet) you just get it from your dealer.

We organized this offer in a way, so that there is never any disadvantage for you and that you are not binded to anything before not being sure to be able to get one M8 as you can see by this.

As soon ans I know more details, I will post them here in this thread as promised already above.

Hi again Dirk,

Of course, I'm always interested in any news from your dealer, whenever that may be possible after the holidays.

I'm still organizing finacial issues on my end, so an estimate of delivery and payment terms would be benificial to make everything work best.

Kind Regards,

Richard

Hi Dirk,

Again it would be useful with some kind of estimate of delivery expection on our special deal that I signed up (and paid a year subscription) for.

I understand from your reply that this might be hard to provide, given that your dealer contact has trouble providing a reliable delivery date even at this late stage in the offer.

When contacting a diffent (German) dealer, he said delivery could be assured at the end of March for an order placed in the beginning of January, at the same price as you ask for. Please share your dealer contact's view on this, since he should be a month ahead with his pre-order already.

Otherwise, at the end of this week I will cancel our deal and sign up for the alternative, with a declared and still reasonable date of delivery. It just seems a waste of time..

Kind Regards

Richard

HI again,

Perhaps I was jumping to conclusions in my last posting: I just need to know as soon as possible if a January delivery according to your offer/our deal is still applicable.

As I said, a regular March delivery at the same price is assured when ordering from an on-line German photo store, so I expect you to have some better offer, and best of course during this month as suggested.

How about setting up the dealer contact right away now when the weekends are sorted, so I can ask the dealer right away, instead of bothering you (and the list) with questions that only matter to my own deal??

Kind Regards,

Richard

Back