DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Order List Leica M8

Brad Husick (Bradhusick) wrote on December 30:

' 2006 - 5:18 am,We have passed the window for getting Leica's offer. I asked Dirk for a refund of my forum membership (Joined Dec. 2 to get this offer) and he refuses to do so.

If he is truly dishonorable, he will probably delete this posting too.

Dirk, do the right thing. Your reputation spreads like wildfire on the Internet.'

Brad,

I just saw your posting now. As I told everybody, I was on vacation and I am not able to follow the forums when I am travelling. I am sure you neither.

As it was stated clearly from the beginning, this deal has certain conditions. It does not help, if you want to make another deal out of it afterwards or try to blackmail me or try to walk everywhere and telling lies.

If you want to buy the Leica M8 somewhere else, feel free to do it. This is according to the conditions described weeks ago allowed. I have no problem with this. But I am not intersted in dealing with people who have this kind of attitude, if I try to make here a favour for Leica Fans.

There is no risk at all with this deal. Nobody is forced to buy it now. Just go to your local dealer and get it there instead of postings this kind of stuff here or somewhere else.

I am not the dealer, nor am I Leica. I have no influence on delivery dates. No matter how much you would like it. I just made the contact & arrangements because I thought this is a good way to say "thank you" to the supporters of this Leica forum.

You registered here on 5.12.2006, you have no history here, you did not support in the past this forum. Neither with comments, nor financially. Obviously you want to misuse this offer here just to get a good deal for your own personal benefit. Looking at this attitude, you should think twice before writing comments like you did.

This is my last posting on your seldom-used forum.

You made a plain and simple offer of the M8 deal to people who would pay your fees. I paid the fees. You delivered nothing. I understand that circumstances were beyond your control. My issue is with the fact that you refuse to refund my money, which is entirely in your control.

All the rest is meaningless. I paid. You failed. I asked for a refund. You refused. End of story.

I misused nothing. A contract is comprised of an offer, acceptance, payment and delivery. You failed to deliver. Contract is void.

This is bad customer service. Period. Don't ask me for my "support" when you are holding my money.

Goodbye.

@ Brad

we talked about this in details in private mails weeks ago and even PayPal disagrees with you. It is a waste of time to talk about this again.

You tried to cheat and lied even to the people of PayPal and you obviously failed. That is the reality.

I am sure there are many other Leica forums where you will find good advise. Since you seem to be very unhappy here, I would recommend to join another Leica user forum, which does not pay attention to the netiquette and how people treat each other.

Best wishes

@ Richard

sorry, no news for today. I will check tomorrow again.

@ Richard

nothing arrived today at the dealer. He will check on Monday again. I keep you updated here. I will doublecheck also for other options, but can not promise anything.

Hi Dirk,

Don't worry. I have realized that you try your best and that you obviously have some good local contacts. This is my best option so far, although I did try some other ones as I suggested.

I'll wait for the rest of the month for a good contact to be established by you. My Swedish order (placed in October) seems completely silent (dead? dormant?) so I hope you have some good news next time.

Kind Regards

Richard

Hi Richard,

there is still no news from this specific dealer.

I have in the meantime checked other contacts that I have and I might be able to offer you a brand new M8 which is in stock NOW for a significant CHEAPER price then the expected list price.

Give me 2 days to check more details (whether these are surely "fixed" models etc.). Price would be around 3.500 Euro!

This sounds like very good news, but I have to double check everything first, before we can be sure.

Back