DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New user + picture

Taz

Hello everyone. My son bought a new SD14 and I was out playing with it the other day. I was at a coffee shop talking with some motorcycle riding friends when I saw this girl looking at us. I quick grabbed the camera and took a shot. It was set on 1600 ISO and I had a old Pentacon F1.8 lens on it that I found on Ebay for $15.
I used the x3fill slider and moved it all the way to the left to change the effects of the lighting. I am quite impressed with this feature. The lighting was quite dim from only florescent lights.

My own camera is a Olympus E-P1 that I like a lot but I found that I more often get good pictures with the SD14. I think the faster response time is what does it. The Pen takes about a half second to fire and that's all it takes to miss a shot. I don't see what the big deal is about high ISO and SD14. Just a little over exposure seems to fix the shadow noise. I used CS3 to sharpen her eye and add a touch of more color to lips.
Normally I like exposures to be sharper than this but I think it still has a nice effect.

---

image links deleted by moderator. Please no external links, if you want to show and discuss your photos. Upload them directly into the forum.

Thanks

Back