DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

General Flash Questions for Contax G1/G2

I'm not familiar with the terminology so perhaps someone can clarify. What I'm wodnering is whether the TLA 200, which I have with my G2, is capable of rear sync (I think that's what it's called) so that you get that look of action blurred with one moment in focus. Any info or tips?

Thanks.

Hi Tom,

What you're thinking of is called "second-curtain synch," and it refers to a flash that fires immediately prior to the shutter closing during a lengthy exposure, not at the beginning of the exposure. The TLA 200 does not do SCS (but the G2 does support it). You'll have to move further up the TLA ladder to get this function.

Hope this helps.

--Rick

Thanks Rick and Peter.

One more question- If I do purchase the TLA 280 or 360 and want to use this function is it totally manual or can I just set it for a long exposure and the camera will set flash accordingly?

Thanks again.

> There is a rear second curtain sync button that you set on the flash (at lease on the TLA 360) It automatically makes the adjustment in the camera.

michael. \

On the 360 topic, I bought one recently for my G2. The 200 worked well set on TTL, but the 360 does not seem to. Is there a problem w/the 360 and TTL that anyone knows of?

Please, comment on my question regarding G1 and TLA 280.
When using fill in flash if I set for ambient light and then use exposure correction for -1,6 will that correction work only on flash or shutter speed will be corrected as well?

Manual does not say it straight.

Back