DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hello

pr1uk

Hello i am a newly retired 61 year old who used to try and be a photography years ago and had all the gear. Now i just wanted to try a compact to first see if i can get back into photography. So a camera well i have looked around and some are too small and dont feel right. Then i saw a dealer selling unused old stock and on his list was a camera i looked at in 2003 but could not afford a Contax TVS digital. So after some thought i have bought a Contax TVS digital i know people will think i am mad but i got it cheap enough and its new in the box and i know newer cameras will knock the spots of it but its a Contax and to me they were up with Leica.

Peter
(UK)

Hello Peter

And welcome to the forum. I hope your Contax serves you well and you have a lot of fun taking pictures with it. Please feel free to share your pictures with us and have them discussed here.

Unfortunately, our favourite brand Contax is not still in the market and there is seldom new blood to Contax. But, as you proove, it's never too late to start. ;)

Cheers,
Milos

Hello Peter

And welcome to the forum. I hope your Contax serves you well and you have a lot of fun taking pictures with it. Please feel free to share your pictures with us and have them discussed here.

Unfortunately, our favourite brand Contax is not still in the market and there is seldom new blood to Contax. But, as you proove, it's never too late to start. ;)

Cheers,
Milos

I sold the TVS i loved it but it was too slow for a quick alway in pocket camera, got a SL300RT and that is in my pocket all the time except if i have my main camera. My main camera is a Leica V-Lux 1 but when i just go out the sound Contax SL300RT as proved itself to be a great camera. Looking back on my Flickr account i have used it quite a few times and always with good results. Would really love a Contax main digital camera but cant afford one the 645 with back cost the earth and the N series are not seem often and when on the market cost just too much. Would love to get my hands on a Contax N digitasl for everyday use and post to Flickr just so people could see they are still a camera to be rekond with

Back