DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

pr1uk

I can see by the dates on the post that no oe uses this camera now it appears i got one a bit late. Never mind if any amateur photographers see me using such an old camera it may put a smile on their face.

Peter

I would not assume that people don't still use the cameras, I still use mine although it is not my main camera. I prefer to use my Contax film cameras.

Do people still use film format now days going out with a roll of 36 possible shots then waiting days for the results.
Someone said to me the other day that digital photography as ruined photography. Why well as he said in the 'old' film days we used to have pictures in our hands and used to look at them and pass them around. Now days they are on PCs and perhaps not appreciated the same way. He as a point i suppose we dont pass the PCs round like we used to with prints.
Me what i would really like is a Contax N series or a Leica M8/M9 sadly what i can afford is a Contax TVSD but it is new just old forgotten stock from the back of a shop.

Peter

I still use my T3 (sometimes with SA-2 adaptor and TLA200 flash) as I love the results, with arguably one of the very best 35mm lenses ever made. Despite this I prefer my original T, as it has manual wind on and focus, which makes it far more discreet, therefore better for candids and street photography.

I also have an original TVS, which doesn't see much action, which is a shame as it has a lot of nice features and is really a pleasure to use.

I have only one digital camera, (Sony DSC-N1) which is now fairly old, but I much prefer to use my Contax film cameras.

I tend to take more than 1 roll of film and do my own B&W. The 645 can give very nice results. I prefer a well made manual focus camera.

Oh yes i found out Contax film cameras are still in everyday use i must admit i like digital. I post to Flicka and there are quite a few Contax posters and i belong to the Contax TVS(D) i carry the SL300RT 24/7 now and post shot using this camera very good results. The U4R i dont use at all and may try and sell it i prefer the SL300RT to the more modern U4R. Wish Contax would do camera again but there again i could never afford one my dream would be to get the digital Contax N but when i see them up for sale they cost beyond my price range.

Peter

Back