DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Testing forum and Foveon 3D

I recently sold my sd Quattro and thinking of getting the dp3 Quattro, if I can find one at a good price. SD14 looks good, it makes me wanna go to ebay and look for one

I paid my Sigma SD14 $150 USD on eBay

My three SIGMAs.jpg

Sigma SD9 (2002)
Sigma SD14 (2007)
Sigma sd Quattro H (2016-17)

if I can find one at a good price. SD14 looks good, it makes me wanna go to ebay and look for one

I found the images of the SD15 better than of the SD15. So it might be interesting to watch also for SD15 offers. During the time I had both, I preferred the SD15.

I have just received my copy, I find it very pleasant with a very good grip.

View attachment 29
Nice! That 24-105 Art doesn't look as big as I thought it would. I loved my SD14, but it was quite slow (like my SD1 Merrill), and it overheated if I shot a lot of photos in just a few minutes (like if I was filling up the buffer two or three times in a row). These days 5 MP photos just aren't enough to fill my 4K screen, so I look to the future with the hope that Sigma will make a camera with a Foveon sensor that captures photos with at least 8K resolution on the top layer. (I'm pretty happy with Quattro image quality, but a full-frame sensor with the same density as the Merrills would be the cat's meow, as far as I'm concerned.)

Sigma cameras are not racing beasts.
Every time I use a Sigma, I feel like I'm falling into a coma.
Nice photo by the way, and a very pretty model ;)

I have just received my copy, I find it very pleasant with a very good grip.

I used an SD14 for a while with the 18-200mm OS lens, and enjoyed it a lot.
On paper it doesn't seem anything special, but the handling is good and the images (are/can be) excellent.

I recently sold my sd Quattro and thinking of getting the dp3 Quattro, if I can find one at a good price. SD14 looks good, it makes me wanna go to ebay and look for one
I bought my used DP3 Quattro last summer, direct from USA Sigma NY Outlet. Sigma company (not 3rd party). Items from Sigma Outlet come with a guarantee period, what you don't see on eBay etc.

Back