DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Once not thrilledCanon 10D and focusing

mdp613

Previously I posted my dissatisfaction with my 10D digital camera. I was very unhappy with it since many of the pictures I was taking were out of focus. Thanks to many of you, valuable tips in handling the camera were given and these did provide some improvement. Still, there was a high percentage of out of wasted images, especially in the auto modes. While in the auto modes, I did pay close attention to how the multiple point focusing system was working. In the auto mode, one can not adjust the focus to a single point. Therefore, if any of the points picked up on any object not in the same plane as the subject I was shooting, the chance of the picture being out of focus, or slightly out of focus was increased. Yet, with all this, I was not getting the results that so many others claimed to be getting with the camera.

The last thing left for me to do was to look for a high quality professional lens to see if that would finally resolve my problem. Finding a camera shop that carried any thing other than the lens I had originally purchase was difficult. It was not until I was visiting in north Jersey, that I had the opportunity to get to one of the few cities that would definitely have a camera shop that carried a professional line of lens, New York. I purchased an EF24-70mm F2.8L USM Lens.

I have used this lens for three weeks now and without a doubt my 10D digital camera takes wonderful pictures now. Equipped with this lens and all the techniques I have learned while using the other lens, I can now say I get a good picture with every click of the shutter; even in the auto modes.

I must admit there still more to learn about photography, but at least now I know that it is the operator and not the camera. My advice for anyone thinking of getting the 10D; buy a quality lens.

Back