DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Panasonic Lumix GX85/GX80 product videos

dirk

DPRF-Founder
Administrator
Hi,

thanks to a conversation with Rachel about the Panasonic Lumix GX80/GX85 and some lenses here in the forum, I realized that many users, who have not a dealer around the corner, can not grab a new product at a dealer to check it out and get a feeling for it.

So I tink it is a good idea to link here to different product videos of specific cameras and/or lenses so that it is easier to get a first impression about a new camera.

I start here with the Pansonic Lumix GX80 (Europe)/GX85 (US), since I use that camera too and Rachel was interested in that one. I will add other cameras in their specific forum-categories over the time too.

The Pansonic Lumix GX80 and GX85 is the same camera, but just different label depending on the region.

First the overview. You get already a good impression how it looks and how it can be used.

This video is a tutorial about the so called "post focus" feature of the GX85/GX80.

Basically you can change the point which is in focus after having made the image. It will be probably not as easy as it is shown here, but let's see. I never tried that myself yet, but it looks interesting:

And a video tutorial about the 4K photo Mode of the Lumix GX80/GX85:

Unfortunately, the 4K photo mode will output only jpeg files, if you want to extract a specific image out of your 4K video.

But apart of that minor issue, I am really impressed with that feature and how easy it is implemented into the GX80. The usability of the GX80 with so many features is still really good.

Finally the video-review of "the camerastoreTV". These guys make really good reviews about new products. Highly recommended youtube channel:

Bear in mind that he is using the Panasonic Lumix GM5 himself for private shooting of his family. The GM5 is really tiny and has basically the size of a nikon J5 or Sony RX100 (both only with an 1 inch sensor). So his comment about "heavy" is relative to his GM5.

The GX80/GX85 is smaller and lighter than a Fuji X-Pro1, to give this another angle of view

Last edited:
Dirk, thanks for those videos. I've just ordered the GX80 twin lens kit. I should get it tomorrow. Thanks for your help and advice.

Dirk, thanks for those videos. I've just ordered the GX80 twin lens kit. I should get it tomorrow. Thanks for your help and advice.

You are welcome. I am eagerly awaiting photos from you made with your new gear :)

Back