DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Flickr - embed images into the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Embedding from Flickr works well for me here. I click 'share' on the Flickr photo then use the short share link not the photo URL link and not the BBCode link if I see it ( BBCode option shows on my computer but not on the android cellphone.) I have some photos embedded here in various threads, both in the Sigma forum and in the Canon full- frame forum for my 5DS. If you click on a photo of mine here at dprforum, you jump to the photo on Flickr. Then you can view the photo in various sizes. My files on Flickr tend to run about 20MB unless it is a cropped photo.
Sandy Fleischmann on flickr
I can even post/embed a photo stored on Flickr with cellphone. I did not include it in the post above, since I did not have the share link stored on my cellphone clipboard. I have never figured out how to have 2 windows at once on a cellphone, or if you even can do that. So after writing the above, I went over to Flickr, copied the share link to my phone's clipboard, then returned here and copied in the link. I sure hope this works or I'll be embarrassed. Sigma photo

I sure hope this works or I'll be embarrassed. Sigma photo

What I do not like with the method above are the black stripes at top and buttom and the arrows left and right. This distracts from the image.

As far as I remember, there is more than one way to embed from Flickr, and there seems to be one possibility so the image from Flick appears as a single image, bigger and without the arrows and without landing at flickr directly. But I lost atm a little bit the overview :)

BBCode option shows on my computer but not on the android cellphone

A critical point IMHO is, that we find a solution that works also on a smartphone.

Is there any other way for you on a smartphone, that the embedded image shows bigger here (in Pixel) and only that image, not the gallery?

I haven't figured out any other way to link/embed on my android cellphone. Under 'share' it just shows the short link I used in the above post. On my cellphone, I tried this: click the general triangle symbol (not the flickr option share) Then I see a different URL link
What I do not like with the method above are the black stripes at top and buttom and the arrows left and right. This distracts from the image.

As far as I remember, there is more than one way to embed from Flickr, and there seems to be one possibility so the image from Flick appears as a single image, bigger and without the arrows and without landing at flickr directly. But I lost atm a little bit the overview :)

A critical point IMHO is, that we find a solution that works also on a smartphone.

Is there any other way for you on a smartphone, that the embedded image shows bigger here (in Pixel) and only that image, not the gallery?
The only other possibility I see using this android cellphone is the following. Before coming to dprforum I went to the image on flick and instead of clicking ,'share' I used the triangular browser symbol, then selected a long URL and copied that to cellphone's clipboard. Let's see what happens when I paste that into this text from the phone's clipboard

I just replied using my cellphone. The photo embedded exactly the same way. Now I'm also at my computer and I'll try the "BBCode" by saving it and pasting it below. Again, I'm on computer, so I see "BBCode" option.
SDIM0541 Sigma SD Quattro Starflowers by Sandy Fleischmann, on Flickr
Well, well, that BBCode gives me a nice big photo with a hot link to the particular photo under the lower left of the photo (all via the computer). Still no good options for cellphone. But personally I'll use my computer more often now to post/embed photos.

Well, well, that BBCode gives me a nice big photo with a hot link to the particular photo under the lower left of the photo (all via the computer). Still no good options for cellphone. But personally I'll use my computer more often now to post/embed photos.
Truly crazy. Thanks for your patience. Now I,m writing on the cellphone and NOT using the share option on Flickr. Instead I used the triangular option at the top of the dprforum message screen I'd copied it to clipboard before writing now I will paste from cellphone clipboard

Let's see what will happen... was wird passieren LOL

But why Flickr hides the BBcode option with cellphones? :z04-head-wall:

Does it appear, if you turn your cellphone horizontal?

In our forumsoftware you can see sometimes more options, if you turn the smartphone horizontal.

Which Android version and which browser do you use on your cellphone?

Last edited:
Truly crazy. Thanks for your patience. Now I,m writing on the cellphone and NOT using the share option on Flickr. Instead I used the triangular option at the top of the dprforum message screen I'd copied it to clipboard before writing now I will paste from cellphone clipboard

Let's see what will happen... was wird passieren LOL

Black lines are back. I cannot find a method without them on the cellphone

In the flickr window, go to the chosen photo and "Download this photo" + "See all sizes",

MAybe this is an option, if you are logged in at Flickr? Because I can not see that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back