DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Other lenses that fit the CYmount

Hi Lynn, thats easy :) I've got one "n" to much. Hanimex is a australian reseller who sells third party equipment under his own brand name.=20

Have fun

Volker =20

> [..Hello

Do not forget Novoflex lenses. Match a Contax RTS and a 105 mm f4 Auto-Noflexar released with a cable (lens) and an electric switch (camera) via a Novoflex bellows - today, automatic bellows are available - and add a Novoflex flash bracket with on= e or two very small electronic flashes. You are busy in the garden for many days.=20 Moreover, with the right adapter use Summicron or Tele Elmarit lenses for very very small flowers. In the fields, use a 400 mm f 5.6 T-Noflexar with its Focusing Pistol Grip. Yes, an old gear for a man with white hairs but big surprise for your friends with their electronic gadgets. Finally let your gear home if you plan to fly. Many people and border polic= e think that You carry a rocket launcher.

Have a nice day!

Jean-Luc L. ..]

If you want a tack sharp lens, try finding a Tokina SZX 28-70 f2.8-4.3.
They're seldom seen in a Y/C mount but worth a look if you see one.
At 28mm sharp as a CZ 28 2.8 and sharper than a 28 2.0
The only complaint I have with mine is the plastic where you attach a filter.

Thanks for the further info. I always learn something new when I read this list. -Lynn L.

i had also an other lens than zeiss and yashica. a soligor 35-140mm. do you know what-i an photomagazine i could not read that it was a bottle-quality glass! buy zeiss if you can afford and shoot instead of endless testings and discussions. it becomes very boring here!

>>If you want a tack sharp lens, try finding a Tokina SZX 28-70 f2.8-4.3.
They're seldom seen in a Y/C mount but worth a look if you see one.
At 28mm sharp as a CZ 28 2.8 and sharper than a 28 2.0
The only complaint I have with mine is the plastic where you attach a filter.<<

I couldn't agree more. I own this uncommon lens and was surprised to see this post. This is one of the few times I've seen it mentioned.

This is really a sharp lens, especially for a f2.8. I have several Yashica primes and I would rate this sharper than all but my 15mm. There are two instances when I can recognize the lens used for a photo by the final image quality: my Olympus Epic P&S and this lens.

This 28-70 was part of the SZX series and was considered a value lens compared to the Tokina ATX offerings. The only concession to its consumer level status is the focusing ring. It does appear to be good quality polycarbonate, but otherwise it's a solid metal lens. If you ever find one second-hand, grab it.

I would also agree. I bought one new in box for 30 Euro on Ebay when I lent my 167MT Body to my sister, so that she has some flexibility in shooting.

As the Zoom had an excellent rating in German "Foto-Magazin", I thought, well, not Zeiss ... but for this price it's no problem if it isn't that good.

When I saw the results I was quite surprised. Less distortion on the 28mm side and equal sharpness than the VS28-70. Only the Color-reproduction and the sensitivity to flare are a bit worse. All in all the SZ-X 28-70 is an excellent deal!

Mike

>>As the Zoom had an excellent rating in German "Foto-Magazin", I thought, well, not Zeiss ... but for this price it's no problem if it isn't that good. <<

You don't happen to have a copy of the review?

> You don't happen to have a copy of the review?

Sorry, No! It's just mentioned on the Box and in the inlet. It's a 5-Star rating, which is the highest rating they give.

Mike

Anyone have a Vivitar 135mm 2.8 lens. Would like some feedback on this lens

Regards
Ong

Back