DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Other lenses that fit the CYmount

Profile: Wanted - good home for a
Yashica 135mm f2.8 lens.

No longer loved. Cruelly abandoned in favour of a shorter upstart with a cuter focal length.

Seeks new home, preferably within the mainland UK. Suffer from jet-plane-phobias and succumb to sea-sickness, hence long mailing distances are contraindicated unless going to a caring parent who respects Yashica lens.

Personal characteristics: clearly served my time, however respected for it. Excellent optical condition and very good barrel condition.

Email off the board if interested.

Has anyone heard of the following lens: Carl Zeiss Jena Zoom II lens? I just saw one on ebay up for sale but the description is not too clear. I think the seller is saying it's a 28-200 zoom. Photos make it look like a plastic barrel but I don't know if it is or not. It is not listed on any Zeiss page as a lens that is part of the CZ arsenal. If anyone knows this lens, how is the quality and will it fit C/Y mount cameras? Thanks, Vincent

Hi Vincent, The Carl Zeiss Jena lenses do not fit to Contax bodies. They are for the Praktica Bajonet mount only.

Matthias

You might be able to find screw thread ones which you could fit to Contax with a suitable adapter. I used to have one and it worked fine although it was stop down metering only.
John

Ebay (USA) currently has a seller offering two Tokina 28-70, f2.8-4.3 lenses in Y/C mount. I happen to have one of these discontinued lenses and it's a bargain at the $59 asking price. (I am NOT affiliated with this seller in any way.) This won't have you dumping your VS 28-85, but as a backup/travel lens, or for use in a situation where you'd rather not risk your VS, this is a excellent option.

I use this lens often and it's very sharp with no obvious distortion. Build quality is high with only the polycarb focus ring as a giveaway to it's value level position. (Front element turns with focus)

If you're looking for a low cost backup that gives expensive looking images in the wide to short tele range, you might want to grab one of these.

David

I'll second the rec. the szx is one heck of a sharp lens. seroius sleeper. I have two of em, kept one, gave the other to my daughter. No I'm not the seller, either.
The only fault it has is plastic where you screw in the filters.
You won't get any zoom creep, either, it's a two ring design.
wanda

...Ebay (USA) currently has a seller offering two Tokina 28-70, f2.8-4.3 lenses in Y/C mount. I happen to have one of these discontinued lenses and it's a bargain at the $59 asking price. (I am NOT affiliated with this seller in any way.) This won't have you dumping your VS 28-85, but as a backup/travel lens, or for use in a situation where you'd rather not risk your VS, this is a excellent option....

Sorry to post this again, but someone asked about this lens the last time I mentioned the ebay listing, but it had already closed. I forgot who inquired and I see it's listed again. (I am not the seller)

Item #3800527286

Please excuse the repost...

David

Back