DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

General Flash Questions for Contax G1/G2

> Thanks Hans. I suppose that this means that I must have a cable to =20=

> connect the TLA200 (or 140) to the G2 or G1. I had better start =20 > looking more carefully... Chris

I may have the opportunity to buy a connector between my G2/G1 and my TLA200/140. Does anyone know if I will be able to use this connector with a flash bracket? It looks as if it slots into the camera's hot shoe and then, at the other end, you can slide the separate shoe into another shoe (if that is not too confusing).

Chris

Here's another G2 flash question, in the hope that people are not too tired of them ;-): if I use a flash bracket equipped with an integral PC cable (Olympus Bounce Grip 2), do I *have* to set the G2 to 'X'? If I leave it on Auto will it trigger the Olympus Flash on the Bounce Grip? You see I am hoping to use a TLA on the hot shoe of the G2 in TTL mode with the Olympus flash doing the job of softening shadows of a group of people (70).

Chris

Chris,
I once tried Olympus F280 flash on G2, the flash refused to fire. If I use second flash, I always use a remote sensor to triger the flash.

Songura

> Wang Weigup, I have tried a T32 on Bounce Grip 2 attached to a G2 by =20=

> PC cord with a TLA140 on the hotshoe. The whole thing worked (the =20 > flashes flashed!), but I must find out what the result was now... =20 > Thanks, Chris

I've tried my Contax G1 with Nikon SB30 flash, set as manual, it gives pleasant results. I like the ability to regulate the flash manually with SB30.

Trisnadi

Thanks to both Trisnadi and Weiguo (I hope that I have your names the right way round WW ;-)). I will take a group shot on Thursday evening and report back with the results...

Chris

I tried to us minolta flash 3200i on G2 adapted
by FS-1200 (minolta adapter for maxxum flash
in place of X-or AF series flash),but failed.
Has anyone have the other experience about using minolta maxxum flash on G2?

Hi

I'm wondering! Why do people try to violate the G2/G1 with systemflashes of other brands? Why not choose a Metz or Sunpack with the right adapter? I use a CT-45 and a MZ-40 Flash from Metz with the SCA 382 adapter with great success for TTL and Fillin. All the Minolta, Nikon and Canon flashes work well with their cameras, but do not so with cameras of other brands.

Good Flash!

Hans Villars, Switzerland

My reason of using Nikon SB30 with my G1 is simply because I already own SB30 since before I bought G1, and to me manual flash calculation is fun too. I am aware that using Metz flashes with proper adapter will enable me to use the G1 TTL flash feature, but it will be part of my long term investment programme...
happy.gif

Trisnadi

Back