DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

General Flash Questions for Contax G1/G2

has anyone heard of a tla 300 for the g2. I'm interested in buying a g2 set with a tla 300 from someone over the internet and can't find any info about it. thanks

Hello Ron,
I only know of the following Contax Accessories similar to TLA 300:
-- TL 30: is a rather old flash without any features
-- TLA 360: is a RTS-flash, but works well with the G2
-- TLA 300 SS which is a 4m Extension Cord.

I would ask the guy who sells the equipment to clarify.
Regards
Peter

Ron:
just checked: TL 30 should read TLA 30, is an early RTS flash, with TTL.
I suppose the seller of your G2 meant the TLA 200, hopefully, which is the newest standard flash for the G2.
Peter

Here is a FAQs on Contax G site:

Q. I want to do flash fill outdoors with the G2, how can I do it?

A.Any type of flash fill will be accurate with regard to ratios only at one specific distance from the subject. This makes any ratio system subject to error. With a subject at 10 feet the following procedure will provide reasonable results.

ISO 100 film speed will be assumed in this illustration. The first task is to meter the ambient scene with the flash turned OFF. In the Auto mode (Aperture Priority, AV) turn the f stop ring until X sync (1/200 sec.) or the closest you can get to it, comes up as the active shutter speed in the viewfinder. This will provide approximately f11 at 1/200 second, outdoors. With the flash turned OFF, lock the resulting shutter speed via the AE Lock (the position on the main power switch of the camera beyond the ON position. Set the Exposure Compensation dial to -1 (minus one) for a 1:2 ratio or -2 for a 1:3 ratio. Turn the flash on to TTL and shoot.

My question is: What is the ratio? How to define 1:2, 1:3 ratio, etc.
Thanks

I want to use my TLA 200 to do fill flash. The Contax website has a method under FAQ that is different from the G2 instruction manual. Does anyone have a tried and true method that works that would share with me. Is there a better Contax flash that I should use instead of the TLA 200? 280 or 360? I am new to the G2 but have been reading your posts for sometime and you are always very helpful. Thanks

want to use my TLA 200 to do fill flash. The Contax website has a method under FAQ that is different from the G2 instruction manual. Does anyone have a tried and true method that works that would share with me. Is there a better Contax flash that I should use instead of the TLA 200? 280 or 360? I am new to the G2 but have been reading your posts for sometime and you are always very helpful. Thanks

Hi there,

I purchased this flash from 2nd hand market, and it came with no manual, I need the user manual for detailed description sothing like description of pinouts for sync cable and etc. A link of some .pdf would be just fine, I was looking for it on the
web but it cannot be found.

Thanks to all in advance

Ij ust purchased a used Metz 45CT-4 for 100 bucks.
It works better in A mode with my G2 than the TTL flash metering the camera has.

Hi,
anybody knows if there are problems using Metz SCA 380 adapter instead of 382 on a G1?
Is there something missing?
Thanks in advance

Folks - paqe158 of the g2 manual says the exposure compensation dial controls the amount of flash light so a previous poster is incorrect
Regards

Back