DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Is Summicron352 lens with eyes usable to M4 P

G

Is it possible for me to use a Summicron 35/2 M lens with eyes on an M4 P? I understand I can remove the eyes, but does it have an optical variation/effect on the pictures. Pardon if I sound a bit confused. I just graduated from Olympus OM system and just managed to get a user M4 P so I'm a bit in the dark. Thanks in advance.

Jury

Yes, you can use the 35 with eyes on every M. But the frame will be small. You should NOT remove the eyes because then you can not focus accurate anymore. Best regards,

Jury

The 35 crons with 'eyes' automatically select the 50 mm view frame. The 'eyes' correct the 50mm VF frame to see 35mm. So don't take the eyes off you will still be able to focus properly but you will see for 50mm instead of 35.

These early M 35 crons are pretty good lenses and I still use mine for pro jobs sometimes. Nice sharp B+Ws and is also ok for colour tansp.

They work very well with the M3 for which they were designed. As Michiel says they can also be used with any M camera. However I have found viewing with the M5 and original M4 is not as pleasurable with this lens attached. I haven't used it on the M4P but it should be ok the, 50mm frame is obviously much smaller on the O.72 finder.

BTW Leitz also brough out a close focus 50mm cron with correction 'eyes' that could be removed for normal picture making. Does anyone know if they also made a 35mm version.

craig

BTW Leitz also brough out a close focus 50mm cron with correction 'eyes' that could be removed for normal picture making. Does anyone know if they also made a 35mm version.

craig

=====================================================

No. There was never any close focus version of a 35 mm lens similar to the Dual-range Summicron.

Dear Craig,

There never was a 'close-focus' 35mm lens.

Regards,

Justin

@Jury,

wearing glasses I prefer the goggled Summicron 2,0 – 35 on the M-6 0.72 because of the better perspective and clearness. So I don’t need the M-7 0.58 viewfinder.

Regards
Hans-Bernd

Hello,
I'm a enthusiastic M6 user but ....
can someone tell me how can I remember wich kind of film have I loaded? One time I visited a website were they sell a accessory to apply on the back of my M6 to hold the classic film box label to remember the film loaded, but I don't find it again. Can someone help me?

Aurelio

Piece of masking tape with the film type/speed scribbled on it. :)

Or you standardize. I only use about 4 types of film:

* Provia 100F * Provia 400F * Fuji Acros 100 * Fuji Acros 400

Dear Karen,

What is the difference between Fuji Acros 400 and Fuji Neopan 400 (which is my 400ISO stock film)?

Justin

Back