CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

First day with SD14

calfee20

I went for a walk to try out the new camera. It was below freezing, sunny, and nearly a dead calm. All shots are with the 18-200, full auto, ISO 100, and the OS on.

Here is a small tree that was split in a storm.

SDIM0016_640x480.jpg

Then some fallen leaves in a frozen puddle

SDIM0019_640x480.jpg

I missed the focus on this one. I should have taken several shots. I still think like I'm shooting film.

SDIM0040_640x480.jpg

This is a Prince's Pine. They are an endangered species because they were once used for Xmas wreaths but they are all over the woods here.

SDIM0046_640x480.jpg

I was trying to find some Holly berries but this was the only one and it was on the ground.

SDIM0047_640x480.jpg

This last one I like the best. It is a piece of moss that grows on the trees around here and it was just on the ground in the leaf litter. I increased the sharpness on all of these and on this one I increased the saturation just a touch.

SDIM0055_640x480.jpg

I can see I am going to need a Macro lens and something to steady me a bit maybe a mono pod. I need to increase the depth of field and could either increase the ISO or slow the shutter.

Hope I didn't bore you with all this................Tom C

calfee20

Two more

Some Ice crystals on the marsh and a few Cedar berries.

SDIM0052_640x480.jpg

SDIM0060_640x480.jpg

.........................................................Tom C

foveonfan

Glad to see you enjoying your photographic journey. Interesting that you mention you retain your "film" way of shooting.

Some 3 years after going digital I still shoot as conservatively as in my film days.

Sincerely, JR

Guest .

Banned
Hi Tom,

congratulations to your fine camera and your fine lens. I have both of my own as well.

I like your shots! :)

See you with nice pictures

Klaus