DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Yashica FX103

>Posted by Gione on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 11:29 pm: > >Think for ex&le to a film like FUJI MS 100-1000 or KODAK PJM >100-1000 and other variable ISO films...With a 103P I could use them >fixing myself the sensibility to expose pictures... With 108, DX code >recognizes this film only with a fixed and imposed value...

Maybe there's a market for a re-usable DX sticker. Only problem is that you couldn't change it with the cartridge already in the camera.

Just a random musing.

DAW

Gione, I just wanted to let you know I also use my 103 and find it to be a very dependable shooter. I'm glad to hear you also like this camera. -Lynn

>Posted by Gione on Sunday, August 31, 2003 - 11:29 pm: > >Think for ex&le to a film like FUJI MS 100-1000 or KODAK PJM >100-1000 and other variable ISO films...With a 103P I could use them >fixing myself the sensibility to expose pictures... With 108, DX code >recognizes this film only with a fixed and imposed value...

Maybe there's a market for a re-usable DX sticker. Only problem is that you couldn't change it with the cartridge already in the camera.

there are tips on the net how to override the dx-coding by using your own stickers. its not a maybe its a fact. i dont know the adresse. michael

I own a FX-103 program, it is a great camera to couple with Zeiss lense. Hope below info will be useful for 103 owner.

Thinking to make better grip my 103 I brought a broken W-7 winder (for Contax 159mm) from ebay(real cheap since broken).

Lucky for me, the 'broken' is only loosen wire, I manage fix it. But the grip don't fit the body.
So I need to saw away some portion of the grip.

Now my FX-103 is doing Single and Continous shoot at 3fps.

thanks to you i have now no other choice than buy yashica fx-103 program to let my 159mm-winder run... i have only yashica fx-3 super 2000 left beside metallic fx-2(shutter needs repair due to unprecise exposure-times). i am still dreaming of a leica 6.2-like contax. it will probably never come true. if motor is off, one can probably shoot anyway with both buttons. pls report. btw: i must tell that this camera had a huge problem to me. professional agfa 643cs(two reflectors)big power-in combination with sca-300-system(380-contax/yashica)-flash-check signal cannot be seen. i will never know if flash is ok. thats why i have sold it.

Hi: i have cut the grip of Yashica FX winder and using on my FX-103P,working perfectly which is economical as compared to Contax 159 winder.Second yashica winder is waiting to be utilized on the next located FX-103P in the near future.FX winder is also compatible with FXD& quartz model for which specifically it was made.

Hi,

I also use the FX 103 and have been looking for a winder. Can some one help with my questions:

* The 139 Winder is recommended - is it better/faster than the FX winder? * What is the difference between the "139 Winder" and the "139 Winder II". (I've seen both versions and cannot tell the difference)

Thanks.

Hi: If the winder of contax 159 is compatible with Yashica 103P then in my opinion Yashica FX winder should also work with 159. I don't have 159 to check its compatiblity. Any personal experience of combination will be appreciated and lead me towards locating Contax 159mm instead of 103P which i have. Thanks

W-7 have 4-pin contact, a simple test by covering the pin show that 2 pin are for the body(103P) to trigger the winding, while the other two are for the winder to trigger the (S or C) shutter and winding.

So, if FX-winder(2-pin) works on 103P, and W-7(4-pin) works on 103P and 159mm(of cause), then FX-winder should work on 159mm but without the continous mode. Just my opinion.

There are both w-7 winder and FX winder listed in ebay now.

Nicolas,
The three winders you mention all do two frames-per-second (W-7 is three), but the Contax winders offer an on-winder shutter release (not sure if that would work with an FX-D or not). The FX winder offers a bit of a grip, which the 139 winders do not. Difference between '139 winder' and 139 winder II' is purely down to internal circuitry as far as I'm aware. Mark.

Back