DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

R4 repair info

tbc

Does anyone have a diagram/instructions on removing the top cover from a Leica R4? I am trying to repair the strap lugs.

Tom C

Not recommended. The stuff under the film advance lever goes 'sproing' when you least expect it. Ask me how I know.

Loose strap lugs can't come out on this camera, the screws that hold them in place may work loose but they can't come out as long as the top cover is in place.

Dear Douglas,

I love it. What is the sound of an M camera at 1/15 sec.?

Regards,

Justin

I love it. What is the sound of an M camera at 1/15 sec.?

Justin,
It's kind of "clikshh". My M6 is a LHSA black paint model, so that might affect the sound a little. The black and chrome ones "seem" to have a little more emphasis on the "clik" part, but that could have just been me.

Hope that helps.
Colorado Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

I was having a little joke with Douglas, but I do know what you mean. 1/15 is the supposedly test speed.

Regards,

Justin

I was having a little joke with Douglas, but I do know what you mean. 1/15 is the supposedly test speed.

Justin..
I knew that..I figured with all the opinions on this list that we'd get dozens of people telling us EXACTLY what an M sounds like!. I've noticed that since I've moved to Texas my M6 is developing a bit of a drawl. Last night it sounded kind of like "clikyall"....

Jeff

Dear Jeff,

It might need a CLA before hot dry Texas.

Regards,

Justin

It might need a CLA before hot dry Texas

Hot yes, Dry? South Texas? Not hardly..averages about 90% humidity this time of year.. they're finally getting a break from the Colorado dry climate..
Jeff

All,

I have an R4s which is in need of new light seals.

Have contacted the usually listed Leica Repair places, and have not yet found anyone who can supply the seals.

Are there any Leica users who know of a good source for these parts?

Thanks!

Mike Wagner

Back