DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Epson introduces digital M

Robbe,

One of the beauties and difficulties of a form like this one is that it brings together a bunch photographers with vastly different modes of practice and needs. Of cause, at the end of the day it all comes down to the specific requirements of the individual. And it is, I beleive, refreshing to learn of others points of view and experiences.

Unfortunately, I’m a working photographer so I’m forced to deal with the digital revolution. As you are undoubtedly aware each DSLR has its own weaknesses and strong points depending on the situation at hand. In my experience no one system covers all the bases. You just have to wade through the mire of information and misinformation to find the camera that best suits your particular needs. Finding the wrong digital camera can be a costly mistake, as many have found out. The Epson looks like an interesting and versatile digital platform to say the least. It will undoubtedly through its very versatility spark much vigorous debate over well-trodden issues that don’t seem to have hard and fast answers.

Infuriatingly exciting times to be a photographer.

Best regards Craig

BTW interesting to hear your observation on the Nikon 12-24DX

Leica M7d

Has anyone been to the PMA page? Check this link -

http://www.pma-show.com/

Scroll down to the listings of Latest News Headlines.

About fifth from the top (at the time I'm writing this) there's an entry from "Leica Future Digital Cameras: Leica M7d". Click on that, and there's a short article, and pictures, of the Leica M7d.

Regards,
Marco

Thanks Marco.

I have heard this will arrive in 2 years - fact or rumour, go figure.

Seems like a long wait but if a product of high quality and reasonable price (Not more than current M bodies, which one may say are still not "reasonable"), I certainly would go for it.

Could definitely work well as a complementary system to work with M lenses, provided that is that system is compatible with M lenses.

Mark

Hey Mark;

My dealer who had just come back from PMA, was the one who showed me this page. I found it interesting, as very recently, Leica Camera was saying that a digital M body was not in the works.

Obviously, the image of the Leica M7d is simply a Photoshop-created "concept" illustration. But still, if they can pull this off, it would certainly keep a lot of M systems going. Since this product is not imminent, unlike the Epson/Cosina body, it'll have to be a wait & see situation.

Regards,
Marco

I just visited the Leica website and found the same article you supplied from the PMA website.

So I guess this is certainly no hoax.

Mark

FYI

just click on "news" in this forum. We published a news alert about the digital M last week. For both, the Epson model and the Leica model...

Oops!!! Guess I should check the News button more often
happy.gif

Regards,
Marco

I agree John.

Maybe Minox, or even Olympus, would be whacky enough to produce something like this. But not Epson.

Back