DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Voigtlander 35mm f17 & 28mm f 19 lens for Leica M 4P

G

I am a new comer to the Leica M system. I have enjoyed my Leica R slr system and recently purchased a Leica M4P. I would like to add a 35mm to the M series and wonder if someone has some helpful first hand experience with the affordable Voightlander 35mm f 1.7 Ultron or the 28mm f 1.9 ultron ? I would certainly appreciate if someone who has used these lenses would give some input as to the quality of the images taken by these lenses; perhaps some pro and cons and pitfalls if there are any with the support and service of these lenses. By the way, I am writing from Ontario, Canada.

Thank you,

Jim

Any new resources of information , tests and reviews on these lenses would be appreciated.

Jim

Jim,

Take a look at www.cameraquest.com. They chair several groups, one is focused on CV range finder products. Lots of good first hand input can be gained there.

I have not purchased any CV lenses (funds tight these days) but want a 15mm and their new 35mm f1.2 asph.

Everything I have read over the past six months says these are both great lenses. Optically about one generation back from or equal to the current Leica Asph family.

Best Regards.

B2 (;->

Hi all,
I am thinking about buying the Voigtlander 35mm f1.7 to use on my M2, but I read from some posts in the forum that a new 35 f1.2 will be out soon from Voigtlander. If this is reliable info, then I will wait for the f1.2. Anyone know anything about this new lens?

Thanks,

Back