DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Preview and CGCM

vini66

Hi,

does anybody have a little bit information about this cameras?
Or better are there manuals available. Is the production period and the number of cameras known.
I think it will be also a good idea to open a new thread in "Contax bodies - manual focus"

thx for input

Vini

Hi Vini

Your thread title seems to mention two different cameras....have I misunderstood. Which camera or cameras do you wish to know about.

There are three Contax Preview variants and two CGCM camera variants that I know about.

Preveiws run from 1982 to 1995 and CGCM's are 137MD derivatives, post 1980, used in Agfa Matrix Slide Maker machines. I have photos of all cameras. What would you like to know?

Cheers, Bob.

does anybody have a little bit information about this cameras? >Or better are there manuals available. Is the production period and >the number of cameras known. >I think it will be also a good idea to open a new thread in "Contax >bodies - manual focus"

what is CGCM?

CGCM - it's not 100% clear but it's probably Computer Graphics Camera Mechanism.....according to various sources!

These 137MD derivatives were part of a system made by Matrix (later Agfa-Matrix)for photographing the image on a computer monitor...for 35mm slide projection (or less likely...prints of the monitor image).

They were controlled and powered via a flying lead or attachable lead connected to the battery compartment (which is sealed off by a screw).The flash shoe, flash and shutter remote sockets are blanked off. There is a blanking plate over the viewfinder and on the CGCM I, the mirror is removed. The X, B and Auto switch is removed and the AE lock position is unusable.

Nicolas Grossman estimates that 2000 were made.

96487.jpg

96488.jpg

Move info available, cheers Bob.

Hi Bob,
thank you million times for your input.
I purchased both cameras. Now I know that my collection got new holes, because I have only one Preview.
If possible I want to all about this both cameras and about all other Contax cameras too.

Thanks again

bye

Vini

Hi Vini - glad to help!

For Preview pics have a look at:
Contax User Forum » Contax SLR C/Y-mount » Accessories for manual focus system » Preview Polaroid Camera.

I hope this link will work:

http://www.contaxinfo.com/discus/show.cgi?14022/96479

You might like this - when I've finished it - A2 chart, printable as 2 x A3 or 4 x A4 sheets. It's about 1MB as a jpg. A bit more work to do on it yet!! Here's a little preview.

Contax Family Tree prototype (small)

96498.jpg

Now, this'll give your collecting plans a headache!

Cheers, Bob.

Hi Bob,

I thought I'm crazy about Contax.
My wife is jealous of mz Contaxes.
It's good to show her that I'm crazy
but others are mad.
Bob please send me this tree in fullformat.
Maybe you have some missing items and I can
help you.
I like your work very much and it seems that
I can throw my Excelsheet to the moon.

The headache wouldn't be so great, it will take only a little bit more time and of course more money.

Bye

Vini

... If Bob want to, we can upload this Contax tree in the scan section. If yes, please send us the file as jpeg (no PDF file) and we can upload it then there.

Dirk

Hi Vini

Sure - *contaxcrazy*, I admit! Also a little Yashica crazy too! There's a Yashica chart in progress too!

You can send me your email to bobbl@bluecontaxcrazyyonder.co.uk ...remove the bits between the **'s

The chart is incomplete and in the process of being checked for correct data. PLEASE do not pass it on to others yet - I'll do that when it's finished! If you can help by adding/correcting data that'l1 be great! You also have to agree not to make any profit out of this...as I have also promised the dozens of people who let me use their images to create the chart that no profit will ever be made from this project.

Don't throw your spreadsheet away just yet...I might need it! Hee! Hee!

Will your ISP allow 1MB jpg's?

Cheers, Bob.

Back