DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Olympus comes out with a new Ecamera

dirk

DPRF-Founder
Administrator
My guess it will be a larger megapixel count, myself. That seems to be the trend happening, and with the Kodak DCS Pro 14n being around for a few years now, my guess is the next round will be at least double the pixel count. If it wasnt I would really like to know why!
Ah well, bigger flashcards are getting cheaper now anyway, it's a good job eh?

JK

I'm going to put money on a consumer-end version of the E-1. As to double the pixel count; keep in mind that sensor size does ultimately control pixel count, if you want clean images. While it's probably a safe bet that the next iteration of the E-1 will have a higher pixel count, you're talking about a 2x factor with that 4/3 sensor, v. 1.3 to 1.6 with the competitors. There are reports that the new Canon MarkII, with an 8.2 meg sensor, is on the ragged edge in terms of sensor noise, so I definitely wouldn't bet on a 10 meg sensor in the next E pro camera -unless Olympus can pull a rabit out of a hat. And that's always a possibility.

B. D.

Back