DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hello from Arizona

jimmsp

Hi all - I am a retired technologist trying to become an artist. I am in Green Valley, Arizona; a southern suburb of Tucson. The quality of light here in the desert is simply great. And so I enjoy being outside, shooting landscapes and nature from large to small.
Jim

Also among my favorite places to visit. Except it has gotten so crowded, even in the fall.
There are plenty of places, even on the South Rim, where you can escape the crowds. Places like Mather Point, Yavapai Point, and Hopi Point have been and will always be crazy busy.

I often have the rim to myself at sunrise or sunset and even on busy holiday weekends. I've seen the biggest changes in visitation numbers and crowding on the North Rim of the canyon at places such as Point Imperial and Cape Royal. At least Grand Canyon isn't as crowded as Zion or Bryce Canyon.

Also among my favorite places to visit. Except it has gotten so crowded, even in the fall.

I know. It's a problem and it isn't getting better. We've lived here for 15 years and do notice a difference. Fortunately, I can walk out of my house and be on a number of different trails. I always take my camera with me just in case I see something different or something catches my eye.

There are plenty of places, even on the South Rim, where you can escape the crowds. Places like Mather Point, Yavapai Point, and Hopi Point have been and will always be crazy busy.

I often have the rim to myself at sunrise or sunset and even on busy holiday weekends. I've seen the biggest changes in visitation numbers and crowding on the North Rim of the canyon at places such as Point Imperial and Cape Royal. At least Grand Canyon isn't as crowded as Zion or Bryce Canyon.

Rafted the Grand Canyon a few years ago from Lees Ferry to Phantom Ranch and then hiked out. Will be visiting South Rim this summer with our grandson. Haven't made it to North Rim yet.

Back