Flash and shutter speed stuck

Emma

Hi!
I just got a Contax TVS II from Ebay and it seems it’s not working properly. It’s stuck in flash sync and at 1/60 shutter speed. Contacted the seller and he insists that it was working... so not sure if I am doing anything wrong. I found someone with the same problem on the Contax RTS but it seems on that camera it just does that on the first two shots of a film.

Thanks!

rronaldson

Hi Emma, is it this model
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
? That review says to hold down the flash button to change the flash mode. Perhaps you can turn it off there.
Rachel

Hi!
I just got a Contax TVS II from Ebay and it seems it’s not working properly. It’s stuck in flash sync and at 1/60 shutter speed. Contacted the seller and he insists that it was working... so not sure if I am doing anything wrong. I found someone with the same problem on the Contax RTS but it seems on that camera it just does that on the first two shots of a film.

Thanks!
Did you replace the battery?
This is often the issue when a camera locks up.

blumesan

Hi!

Thanks!
The behavior you describe for RTS is normal. It is programmed to do that on the first two frames of a new roll in order to bypass the shutter delay when little or no light gets to meter. Don't know about the TVS. Does it behave normally after the first two exposures.?