DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

GG2 lenshood for 45mm also suitable for 35mm lens

G

I bought a lenshood for the 35mm lens for Contax G. At home, I saw it was a GG-2 (for 45mm) instead of a GG-1 (for 28mm). Contax advices the GG-1 for the 35mm...

Is the GG-2 also suitable for the 35mm lens or do I get vignetting? I can screw the UV filter inside the lenshood, so maybe that will help a bit?

Hi Sander,

I have a gut feeling that it would work fine with the 35mm. I have tried it on the 28mm (don't own the 35) and it was fine (admittedly stopped down to around f8). Of course, different lens, different design, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work, though perhaps at f2 you might get some vignetting.

John

Hm, why should Contax recommend GG-1 if GG-2 would work as well? The longer hood would allow an even better flare-reduction.

Just try it out:
Shoot a plain sky, white area or something like that - at full aperture.

Till

Back