DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Fuji halting some domestic production of film

I stopped shooting film in 2012 when I realized the labs were scanning the film and printing it digitally. I figured there was no point in shooting film anymore, so I bought my Canon 5d2

I stopped shooting film in 2012 when I realized the labs were scanning the film and printing it digitally. I figured there was no point in shooting film anymore, so I bought my Canon 5d2
Film is so much fun though. I like it all.

It can be fun, but I think digital has helped me become a better photographer by giving me instant feedback and allowing me to experiment more because there is no cost to trying something new.

I looked for some 35mm Fuji 200 negative film 2 years ago, B&H was out of stock, and has been out of stock ever since. I have an stock alert, and they occasionally send me an update telling me it's still out.

I just bought a 5-pack of Portra 400. Looking forward to those! Not looking forward to development cost. The Darkroom is right here in town but I get no local discounts :(

Back