DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

N1 lovers ALERT plus N screen saver

fotografz

Here's a possible ALERT for lovers of the N system.

One of my most trusted dealers told me today that he received a price list from TOCAD that appears to offer some excellent buys
for new N equipment. I ordered two lenses immediately, and he is going to confirm that the prices are correct tomorrow.

Here's a few:

New USA: N24-85/3.5, $499. N 400/4, $1,449. NX with 28-80, $349. 100/2.8 Macro $ 699. (I questioned this one myself).
The 17-35/2.8 is deeply discounted also (I was so excited about the 400/4 I forgot to write down the price for the 17-35).

I ordered a N24-85 and the N400/4 immediately. I will spring for an NX if he can get a diopter for it... even if I use the lens as a paper weight ; -)

I will confirm this tomorrow after he makes sure it's true. But he's pretty sure it is. I tell you who it is when all is confirmed.

Meanwhile, here's a screen saver for all you N wackos like me. (soon to add a 400/4 if all goes well).

I only harbor a wacko's love for that which delivers, and boy do I love this system.

Here's the photo.

355084.jpg

Marc, aren't these the prices Adorama has been posting for a while but has been unable to deliver on? Also, I have also been pondering the 400mm/f4 lens. I am sure it is a fantastic optic, and also an excellent buy. Howver, I am not sure if it would be better to use a digital SLR with a crop factor and a smaller (lighter) lens for this purpose. (I sometimes "cheat" and use equipment from other manufacturers).

We'll see if it's true tomorrow. If TOCAD can't deliver to their dealers it would be interesting to know why they would send out the pricing notice.

Either someone is gauging interest for some reason, or Kyocera is dumping stock, or has dumped stock on TOCAD.

Christopher, by your reasoning, you could shoot everything with a 50mm and crop it to a 500mm angle of view. Of course I'm exaggerating, but the principle is the same ; -)

IC, they look more forgiving than the factory one. I have been trying to find the Contax wide strap for the last few years, I guess I should just put some third party ones on. Thanks!

Okay, my guy talked to TOCAD. It's true ... and according to them they have the goods. N-1 & 24-85 kit: $800. New USA.
I ordered the 400/4. Can't wait. BTW, the 100/2.8 Macro is $599. not $699. !!!!!

My pal Sam at the Classic Connection.

1-888 LEICASAM

Tell him Marc Williams sent you over from the Contax site.

Best of luck.

Back