DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Different performance in same sensor SD14 and DP2?

After some time using SD14, I've decided to test what some people suggest - to shoot constantly with overexposure +0.3 (in order to get better results from SD14)

My SD14 is set to +0.7 exposure compensation AND i use custom white balance AS MUCH as practically possible.
(I could not be more pleased with my SD14...perhaps more happy if i can get to hack the user interface software in the camera!!)

This figure i arrived at after extensive picture taking and processing...trial and error testing that really tested my patience also with the SD14 :)

Surprisingly...the dynamic range profile of the SD14 as created by the Sekonic instrument reflects the same...almost!

Best wishes.

I've read article somewhere on the internet that overexposure is not needed on ISO 50 at all?

My mainstay ISO setting is 100. Its serving me well in landscapes, portraits and daily life...mostly pictures taken on the move...as my work revolves around adventure travel.

ISO 50 for me has a narrower latitude...i guess its best for controlled light situations. (AND i have not spent much time experimenting with it to figure out its nuances and how i can put it to best use...to be honest!)

Sattva.

Forget SPP

Hi,

If you have any Sigma but the SD1 and SD9, try Silkypix (paid version) instead of SPP. The IQ difference is astonishing. Worths every cent.

Back