DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hello from Oz

Balt

Hi all,

I've been into MF Photography for some time (I'm just an amateur, no Pro) and after having scanned a lot of my 6x6 and 6x17's have started to wonder whether I shouldn't consider acquiring a CFV-39, at least for the 6x6 imagery (or, 6x8 which is more like what the sensor size is).

Anyhow, I was just researching that back, and came across this great community! I had a bit of a test drive with a CFV-39 at my camera dealer's here in Sydney this morning and am quite impressed with the image quality coming out of it, especially the dynamic range it captures. Also, Phocus is a very capable software, I like it better than Lightroom and I don't even know it yet!

So, that's all for now, I hope to learn a lot from you guys and maybe share some of my pictures when I finally get around to getting my site up and running.

Cheers

- Balt

Welcome here Balt.

The CFV39 is a real hit.
Quite a few amateurs have decided to take the plunge and enjoy quality digital imaging.

These backs need the latest lenses to perform.
Recommended: 40 mm IF, 100 mm CFi Planar, 120 mm CF E/i makro planar.

Paul

Hi Paul,

thanks for the lens recommendations. Indeed I was looking at extending to that sort of arsenal. I particularly enjoy architectural photography, so a good planar wide angle is essential.

Cheers

- Balt

Hello Balt,

Hasselblad Zeiss call their wide angle lenses Distagon.

Planar designs are reserved for lenses with standard focal length.

Paul

Biogon stands for Supreme Wide Angle, the first special body from Hasselblad to accomodate the sensational Biogon design from Carl Zeiss.

This lens/body lasted 50 years!

Paul

Back