DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Ciao from Italy.

Italo

I'm a sigma-user since 2005 and I currently have the task of moderator in the Italian sigma forum.
I registered here just because I found astronomical images taken with Sigma cameras, which are commonly judged not suitable for deep sky shooting.

I write a brief curriculum to introduce myself.
At age 12, using an home made contact printer, I started to print the b/w negatives of my father's bellows camera before take pics with my first slr (Fujica ST701) that I bought at age 25.
Later, the trade of electronic components in my store allowed me to buy a Leicaflex SL and then a second (SL2) for my wife.
In the meantime, I was setting up an home darkroom with trays for prints up to 50x60cm not only for b/w but also for color printing.
I also tried the development of color slides and Cibachrome printing.
The last step in the analog field has been the purchase of a Rollei SL66: not pocketable but the most versatile jewel of mechanics I've ever seen.
At the end of the century the technical counseling I offered at a local amateur astronomers group helped me to discover the characteristics and possibilities of cooled monochrome CCD cameras, but I noticed the color CCD version did not show the same resolution due to its mosaic architecture.
The Bayer cameras of beginning century did not convince me, but when I read in 2002 a revolutionary sensor was invented and produced, I awaited the SD10 release to sell all my analog equipment.

PS) Sorry for the mistakes I can do in English.

Back