DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Japanesemade adapters any good

Richard, I hope you are not regarding Contax cameras as "Asian crap".

Are you going to withdraw what you wrote or elaborate what you wish to write in a different way ?

It seems a bit odd Richard that you use phrases like "all the Asian crap we buy from them" and "typical lazy German", and then post on a forum about a German/Japanese camera system. Bizarre.

Anyway, back to the original point of the thread...

Edward, I have one of the black/chrome Japanese adapters you mention (about $85), and whilst it is not quite as sturdy a construction as my Cameraquest one, it is still very well made, tight fitting, and reaches infinity focus where the cheaper Chinese ones do not.

I also have a couple of the AF confirmation chip adapters from happypagehk on eprey http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZhappypagehkQQssPageNameZSTRKQ3aMEFSQ3aMESOI
They offer two different thicknesses for Contax, to ensure infintiy focus can be achieved. You can also buy the AF chip alone to add to your existing adapters.
The AF confirmation is a big help with narrow DOF in dim light, especially useful with my 85mm f1.2 and 28mm f2.

Sir, I think all Asian stuff is crap. I joined this Forum as I am a collector of the older GERMAN Contax cameras that are not crap and Dirk will not remove me from this God Damned forum where he misrepresented what was included in the forum and took my money. Pls tell him to take me off this God Damned Pro Asian Camera Forum. I will continue to use my old GERMAN made Leicas and Contax and Rollei and Voitlander cameras and take better pictures than any of you folks shooting you cheap Asian cameras with cheap Asian glass. And yes I do Drive an Audi and not a rice burner. Pls forward this message to Dirk---no more emails period!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Richard,

As has been offered before, please follow this advice.

Log in using your username (Bike50) and your password and then click on E-mail Notification. This will allow you to deselect all the email notifications. If this does not work use your email/spam filters and send all these to the deleted bin.

I am sorry but your attitude is totally unwelcome here, or indeed anywhere for that matter. Germany does not, and has indeed not had the monopoly on quality cameras. As for cheap Asian cameras and glass, get a life please!

When you joined you evidently did not notice that this was a modern Contax camera forum. It seems very obvious to everyone else here that it is so.

In the light that you cannot read a web page (failing eyesight?), how can you say that your pictures are better than anyone else’s here? It would be nice to see one of yours, but maybe they are too good to show others or you charge money for others to see them? Dare you post one or are you afraid of comment? Maybe you don’t have one of those new fangled scanner things? Maybe someone could scan one for you to show us your prowess?

After all that you can then put you computer in a big box and give it away, or sell it. You appear to be unable to interact with people as your attitude to other fellow human beings is despicable. You seem to be severely lacking in social interactive skills and should retire to your Neanderthal Bigots cave and hibernate until you can correct your inadequacies.

Yours Very Sincerely,

Paul

Well said Paul. I may just add that if someone needs to cancel his/her subscription, it's possible to do only by his/herself. Just go to you PayPal account, open last transaction and follow the link with subscription properties. I know, this interface is a little bit messy, but this is the only way. Noone else can do that, and Dirk actually already mentioned that way before.

Now let's get to the subject. Looks like adapter quality does matter. If you follow this link, http://16-9.net/lens_tests/15mm_2/sigma1224vnikon15f.html
you'll see how test results were screwed because of bad adapter. Well, at least those guys believe so. I personally have that Fotodiox adapter, but I can't compare it with anything else. Can someone here confirm those conclusions made on 16-9.net site? Thank you.

I am really sorry to see what Richard wrote in this forum.

Richard,

Can't you see the prejudice you have is a very dangerous kind of thought process. This kind of racial prejudice was the culprit causing the death of millions in the second world war.

It can go this. German cameras take better pictures than any of you folks-->German race is better than any of you--> termination of the rest of you.

Let us go back.

To test the infinity for the adaptors, it is best to use telephoto lenses. The one I am using is C-Y 200 f2. The lens is different from other C-Y lenses that you can focus PASS infinity. I mean you can rotate the focusing ring and rotate to reach and followed by PASSING the infinity. Many telephoto lenses are made in this way to allow for internal changes when there is a change in temperature.

"my Cameraquest one, it is still very well made, tight fitting, and reaches infinity focus where the cheaper Chinese ones do not. "

I am sorry to say I do not agree with this but certainly we are allow to have different opinions in this forum.

My Cirrus Chinese made adaptor allows tight fitting between my 2.67 kg C-Y 200 f2 and Canon. The position of the infinity produced by my Cirrus adaptor is exactly the same when fitting the 200 f2 with my Contax S2b. I am glad with a small fraction of the price you can achieve a result similar to the one produced by cameraquest.

Interesting: in view of the price difference it's probably worth trying the much cheaper Chinese one first anyway. If it turns out not to suit, not much has been lost.

I have just purchased a Canon 5D and want to use my Contax 28-85 and my 2.8 series 28, 35, 45, 85, and 135mm lenses as well as my 80-200 zoom.

I have seen adapters from $15 (no thanks) to 250 and more. It is confusing. An Australian fellow is offering a japanese made Orgin adapter for $95US. Elefoto looks OK but its website is very confusing.

Bob Shell, Novoflex, Zoerk, Cameraquest and others have adapters. Any strong recommendations of which ones really work without major problems and ones to stay away from regardless of price.

Many thanks.

Stan

Back