DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Successfully mounted Tamron Adaptall to SD14

Very beautiful images Collin,
An excellent lens! But as always, it's got to be in capable hands to bring out it's potential. I think there's going to be a run on adaptall lenses now, lol.
Number two is my favorite. And comparing the shots 5 and 6 I like the bokeh on 6 better. But all the images are "tack sharp" I don't think you're having any focus issues.
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Gentlemen.

I just purchased another Adaptall-2 lens for what I thought was a steal! It was one of the best zooms back in the day.

For $23, I won an auction on a like-new Tamron SP 28-80mm f/3.5-4.2 with the BBAR multi-coating. This zoom outperformed many manufacturers' zooms, even if it is a tad slow. Can't wait to post how that one works out!

Next on the list? The 80-200mm f/2.8 SP :)

-Collin-

Can you post a picture of what the adaptall mount looks like? I have no idea what to look for when I go around to the antique/flea markets :)

Can you post a picture of what the adaptall mount looks like? I have no idea what to look for when I go around to the antique/flea markets :)

Hi Jason,

Not sure if I'm allowed to link to other forums, but here is a thread located on mflenses that shows how to modify the Adaptall-2 to M42 adapter. While that may not be necessary in your case, there are some good images of it.

http://forum.mflenses.com/fixing-an-adaptall-to-m42-adapter-t6196.html

By the way, I am having some issues stopping down my lens beyond f/8. It seems to go from f/2.5 to f/8 flawlessly, but the adapter is not pushing the pin far enough to allow it to close further. I am investigating as to whether or not the Adaptall-2 to Pentax-K mount might be a better solution or not. Only one way to find out. :)

Do you have any Adaptall lenses? If not, I've done quite a bit of research and can tell you some nice ones to look for.

-Collin-

There are several perfectly working ADAPTALL mount adaptors for SIGMA SD14:
Pentax K
Pentax KA

You have to try if the small pin for the aperture value alignment on the adaptor has to be shortened or not. In my case with the SD14 everything works as is and could be used on a Pentax camera too.
Especially the TAMRON SP lens range is worth mentioning as you can find them for bargain prices nowadays - used to be the premium range in the manual focus days...

greetz !

ombud

Back