DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax G2

I own a G2 and also an F5. Two different worlds. If I'm shooting fast moving objects or if flash control is critical, I go with the Nikon. If it's street life or goingto be a long day, the G2. Both serve their purposes well.

Kian-Guan,

if AF + portability + highest image quality are the most important requirements, you should also have a look at Fuji GA 645 i/Wi/Zi. They are all some kind of P&S autofocus, mid-format rangefinders; Zi even with a zoom (34-56mm comparable to 35mm). Perhaps the appropriate compromise?

But if you do not make wall sized prints or slides, Contax G is the more versatile tool, while a 35mm-SLR being even more versatile.
Choosing the right tool depends all on your needs!
Bottom line is that in your case I do not see any point for the F5, but some strong ones for Contax G or Fuji RF.

Have fun!

Till

I'm trying to ask this question again:
Half a year ago I lost the rubberpiece i the viewfinder of my G2. Unfortunately the little piece of plastc in front of the viewfinder has got very schratched, and it's very hard to see through. Does anyone know if it's possible to change just the peice fo plastic without changing the entire viewfinder ?

I'm trying to ask this question again:
Half a year ago I lost the rubberpiece i the viewfinder of my G2. Unfortunately the little piece of plastc in front of the viewfinder has got very schratched, and it's very hard to see through. Does anyone know if it's possible to change just the piece of plastic without changing the entire viewfinder ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I know abuot the RUBBER eyepiece but it's not the problem. It's the first piece of plastic/glass in inside the viewfinder that have got scratches !

Probably the easiest thing to do is to ask Kyocera themselves, maybe = by fax or e-mail if there is no Kyocera office where you live to = telephone.=20

Hello Till! Thank you very much for your time and feedback. I agree that I should kick F5 out from my list. So, I would consider about the mid-format rangefinder. Is the Fuji GA 645 model very good? I hear about the Mamiya 7 II, Contax, Hasselblad and others. To be honest, I am not familiar with the mid-format rangefinder models. Which one is good? I am familiar with the 35 mm. Of course the mid-format rangefinder provides you the best photo because of larger film. Once again, thank you.

Thank you, Rick, Clive, and K Michael for your time and feedback. It seems that the G2 is better for me. So now I am taking a look at the mid-format rangefinder and see if it is good for me or not. Once again, thank you guys.

Back