DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Using and scanning Portra 400NC v 160NC

sperera

So I took the opportunity of using Portra 400NC for the fist time the other day along with Portra 160NC on a couple of private client (daughters and son) Communion shoots.
All shots taken on Hasselblad 2000 FC/M bought off Polarcircle using old C lenses. I purposely shot contrasty scenes in order to see what the film could handle.....

Here's the Portra 160NC rated at 100asa

Attachments

• p100_3.jpg
    EXIF
    p100_3.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 20
  • p100_3.jpg
    EXIF
    p100_3.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 19
Conclusions: I was blown away by the Portra 400NC. I think it is a superb film that questions having to use 160NC. I really can't tell the difference in grain scanning it and for two more stops what more do you want. I tried Fuji 400H the other day but didn't overexpose it like everyone says so the jury still out....I prefer the Kodak palette though in general.

Bokeh....loving the 150mm old silver C lens I have.....and my fave 80mm CF of course.....

I've started using the 160nc after seeing your other thread and really love the look and feel. These photos look great also, I'll have to try the 400. I noticed on the Hasselblad owners club site the top ten pictures of the month you had three, well done!
Here is my favorite 160nc shot I've done recently, shot on an H1 with 80mm:

View attachment 2600

Attachments

• t_11.jpg
    EXIF
    t_11.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 26
  • t_11.jpg
    EXIF
    t_11.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 25
really???? in the Hasselblad owners club?????? ha, i havent seen it!!! send me a link where i can see the voting or whatever it is....thanks!

love the shot.....its got an old school, fot taken in the 60s feel about it....LONG LIVE FILM!!! hahhahahaha the skin tone is spot on eh.....how did you scan the shot?

I've started using the 160nc after seeing your other thread and really love the look and feel. These photos look great also, I'll have to try the 400. I noticed on the Hasselblad owners club site the top ten pictures of the month you had three, well done!
Here is my favorite 160nc shot I've done recently, shot on an H1 with 80mm:

View attachment 2600

cool, just saw it.....hahaha thats great....being voted on by peers is the best thing.....i'm proud to represent the undervalued (these days) Hasselblad V legacy system with my shots!

Back