DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax 137MA Quartz

ivandp

Hi Gang,

My little baby needs a refurb - It can be in the US or the UK - would love some advice from anyone who knows the best place to get it done. Do Contax/Kyocera do this kind of thing with such old bodies? The thin foam cushioning the opened mirror and the same foam inside the camera back need replacing. Would be extremely grateful for some help.

Cheers, Ivan

....Hi Ivan,

Have you thought about doing it your self? It is reasonably simple to do. There are plenty of kits available on the internet. Here is a link to one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15234&item=3806407467

Paul....

I second that advice. I've used the same kit mentioned above and it's excellent. The camera back pieces are a very dense material that is so precisely cut it requires no adhesive. It works surprisingly well. These "dry" pieces should also outlast adhesive backed alternatives. (The back channels will feel overstuffed until the new foam conforms to the door edge, but it's perfect after a few days)

If your camera only needs new foam seals and mirror bumper, I recommend a DIY attempt using the ebay kit.

David

Just to add to previous post, have taken your advice and purchased a 'light seal kit'. Many thanks again.

Cheers, Ivan

Back