DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Any 645 users out there

G

Hi,
I'm a Zeiss addict. I use a Contax 645 and all the Contax 645 lenses except the 210. I recently sold the 210 becauses of its size and lack of tri-pod collar. I now use the 140 with the 1.4X to achieve that focal length at the same f/4. Any one else experience the short comings of the 210?

I'm also experiencing trouble with my flip up magnifier which I find a real necessity with wider lenses. The adjustable diopter doen't have a lock ing thumb screw like the Hasselblad version, so I have to tape it once it's set. Now it's become so loose on the body that I don't trust it. Anyone know of a different solution to achieve accurate focus?

Hi Marc,

there is a little "one-man company" in Germany, Mr Rainer Burzynski, who produces special stuff for nature photographers. He builds for me a tri-pod collar for my 4/210 which is great ! It fits and works perfectly. Costs about 150.- Euro.

Regards

Uli

I have the 210mm and haven't noticed any serious problems other than it being a big lens. A tripod collar would be nice, what were they thinking at Contax?

If you don't like your camera migrating downward from the weight of the 210mm you need an Arca Swiss head with a Really Right Stuff anti-twist plate for vertical shots.

One minor issue that I have noticed is ocassional malfunctioning with the short ext. tube. Otherwise, it is a great lens to have in the kit. The 120mm makro is the lens I use most.

Hi Uli,

Can you please tell me how to contact Mr. Burzynski - I received my 210mm f4 today and would like to order a tripod collar for it.

Thanks,
Russ

Hi Russ,

I will lookup the address and phone number of Mr. Burzynski this weekend. I'll try to take some pictures of the tripod mount with a small digital camera (uaaahhhh ... ;-)) ) and send you via email.
So please be patient ...

Regards,
Uli

Hi Uli,

I'm also interested in the tripod collar. Can you post it here when you find his contact info?

Thanks,
Guy

Ok, I'm back ...

Rainer Burzynski
Dorfstrasse 44 A
D-17291 Lindenhagen
Germany

Phone: 039856 3061 (from outside Germany: +49 39856 3061)
Fax: ........ 3062 .....

"Naturfotografie Spezial-Zubehör" (special equipment for nature photography)

Regards

Uli

Back