FS Contaxt Distagon 35mm f14 and couple more items

Trader history for mohican (0)

mohican

I'm seriously considering Zeiss Ikon now (at least the lenses, not yet sure about the camera itself), so I'd like to sell few things I really don't use much.

At the moment I'm not sure about pricing (and whether I end up selling or not), so just make me an offer

So, here is what I have. All lenses are for Contax C/Y-mount system. Optically everything is in perfect condition, no scratches, fungus or anything else nasty. There may be some marks on barrels or some paint chips and things of that nature on the rings, mounts and so forth, unless I say it's like new.

1. Zeiss Distagon 35mm f/1.4. Essentially like new. I'm the second owner, but the first one apparently didn't use it much either.

2. Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8. Like new. I bought it brand new from B&H several months before Kyocera/Zeiss partnership turned into dust, used three or four times.

3. Contax Mutar III. Like new. Used it just a few times.

4. Zeiss Distagon 35mm f/2.8, excellent condition.

5. Zeiss Distagong 28mm f/2.8, also excellent condition.

6. Zeiss Planar 85mm f/1.4. Like new. Not sure that I really want to sell this one, but I just might if I really like the ZM lenses

I'm located in North California, on peninsula. Arranging in-person meeting somewhere between San Mateo and Sunnyvale should not be a problem.

Will ship to Australia, New Zealand, Germany, UK, Italy, Ireland and anywhere in USA at actual cost.

Payment by cash, USPS Money Order, International money orders accepted by US Postal Service and PayPal at slight extra cost.

So, let me know

mohican

Forgot to mention that all lenses are MM and all are made in Japan. All naturally have their front and rear caps and leather bags. Some have boxes (I keep some of them separately. Definitely have ones for 85mm Planar, 135mm Sonnar and 35mm f/1.4 Distagon).

I also have lots of filters in 55mm and 67mm available - UV filters and colored filters for black and white photography. Some are even brand new never opened. Practically all of them are B+W.

mohican

I'm now using Zeiss Ikon most of the time (I love it!)

As far as C/Y lenses go I listed back in March - I still have pretty much everything (I guess very few people are interested in C/Y lenses these days):

1. Contax Zeiss Distagon 35mm f/1.4. Essentially like new. I'm the second owner, but the first one apparently didn't use it much either. Included is the soft rubber hood (G-14). Serial number begins with "8", so it's a relatively new production. It's in the box, with both caps (front & rear) and leather bag included as well. I believe I have original Zeiss certificate somewhere as well. Price - $850.

2. Contax Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8. Like new. I bought it brand new from B&H several months before Kyocera/Zeiss partnership turned into dust, used three or four times. With caps, original box, leather bag, certificate. Price - $220

3. Contax Mutar III. Like new. Used it just a few times. Price - $250.

4. Zeiss Distagon 28mm f/2.8, excellent condition. Both caps, leather bag. No box I believe. Price - $225

5. Zeiss Sonnar 85mm f/2.8, excellent condition, no box. Price - make me a reasonable offer.

Will ship ONLY to following countries:

Australia
Belgium
Canada
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Italy
Ireland
Israel
Netherlands
Norway
New Zealand
Sweden
Switzerland
United Kingdom

and anywhere in USA at actual cost via FedEx fully insured 3-day delivery. Will not ship anywhere else. (may consider shipping to Hong Kong)

Payment by cash, USPS Money Order, International money orders accepted by US Postal Service and PayPal at slight extra cost.

If you buy everything, I will cover shipping in USA and first $50 of shipping cost for all other countries.

snikolaev

Speaking of serial numbers - sounds like you know how to turn those digits into manufacture dates.
Is there any table at all? Any info is very much appreciated!

mohican

Sergei,

No, I don't know how to turn them into manufacture dates, but serial numbers are normally issued in sequence, so usually if your lens is say numbered 9876543, it's a newer production than a lens numbered 8999999.

You can find out actual manufacture date (year and month I believe) by calling Zeiss. Unless it's so old that they don't have any records available

dirk

CI-Founder
@ Richard,

if you want to turn off your e-mail notifications for certain parts within the Contax forum, please look at the buttom of every e-mail you get from the forum. There is a link to go directly to your profile. In your profile, just uncheck the boxes you are not interested in and save.

You can go also within the forum to your profile at the navigation bar of the forum.

This is all well explained in the Forum FAQ. You find the FAQ in the navigationbar of the forum and with a link at the buttom of every e-mail you get from the forum.

Sorry Richrard, but if you do read neither my answers, nor the FAQ in the Forum, nor the help at the buttom of every e-mail, I can not help you anymore. Things do not change just because you ask the same question 8 times.

Your e-mail here only leads to more e-mails