DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

On the ball

Jerry045

I was playing with a glass ball.
DSI01994 - D.JPG

DSI01998 - D.JPG

Mark:

Indeed, the image is upside down. The glass sphere inverts the photo. The glass spheres belong to one of our community photo club members. So just for grins, we took them outside after one of our club meetings to play with them. It is just something different. We did some photography using water droplets a few months ago. That also resulted in inverted images. But the drops were really small, and you needed lots of magnification. The glass spheres were much more manageable. It made for a few minutes of fun.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Hope you understood I was joking about the inverted images.....

The images certainly have a unique quality to them.

Thanks again for sharing here.

Best,

Mark

Hi Jerry,

Hope you understood I was joking about the inverted images.....

The images certainly have a unique quality to them.

Thanks again for sharing here.

Best,

Mark
Sorry Mark, but at first glance I wasn't sure. But now that you clarified it. Indeed, they are upside down.

It was just a fun experiment. I never had a chance to play with large glass spheres before. So, it was unique.

Every so often, it is fun to try something different.

I am pleased you enjoyed the images.

Here's another weird experiment. We were dropping strawberries in a glass of water trying to capture the splash.

DSI01604 - D.JPG

We like to try lots of fun things at our photo club meetings.

Jerry

Back